What is a wireless router? What is the excellent wireless router? What to look for in a wireless router?
Are very important questions to ask yourself before buying.
You want to make your life simpler, easier, and more enjoyable using the incredible wireless routers? Yes, you must agree with me that wireless router play a very important role in our daily life environment.
But there is an alarming story that Wi-Fi Signals can cause cancer in kids, but Scientists Say Wi-Fi Signals Won’t Give Your Kids Cancer.
Looking for routers from the market can be quite challenging, and it can be a big relief if you can have some sort of guide to help decide. Well, look no further! This guide will help you determine the best Wifi Router to buy. However, you need to know the standards to look out for in Wireless Routers, the improbable gaming keyboards with the fabulous gaming mouse.
|Wireless Routers||Weight||LAN Ports||Wireless Compatibility|
|Asus RT-AC88U |
|2.6 pounds||8||802.11 b/g/n||Check Price|
|Netgear Nighthawk R8000||4.69 pounds||5||802.11 a/c||Check Price|
|D-Link DIR 890L||2.5 pounds||4||802.11 a/b/g/n||Check Price|
|Asus RT-AC3200||4 pounds||4||802.11 a/b/g/n||Check Price|
|D-Link DIR-880L||1.4 pounds||4||802.11 a/b/g/n||Check Price|
|NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000||3.45 pounds||4||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac||Check Price|
|Linksys WRT1900 AC||1.8 pounds||4||802.11 b/g/n||Check Price|
|Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station||2.1 pounds||3||802.11 b/g/n||Check Price|
|TP-Link Archer C7||1.9 pounds||4||802.11 ac||No products found.|
|Amped Wireless ATHENA||2.6 pounds||4||801.11 ac||Check Price|
|ASUS RT-AC5300||3.2 pounds||4||802.11 a/b/g/n||Check Price|
|Netgear AC5300 Nighthawk X8||7.5 pounds||7||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac ||Check Price|
What is a Wireless Router or What is a Wifi Router?
A Wireless Router solves your connectivity issues by making it possible for you to share your internet connection with multiple devices. The main components include:
- Router which directs or manages the outflow of Data Packets from your network to other users on your network,
- Network Switch which connects multiple Wifi devices to the wired devices via Ethernet cables and
- Wireless Access Point also known as the wireless AP which is the main station that transmits and receives signals
Before going into more details, you can check the Useful Facts About How Wi-Fi Works.
What is a Standard WiFi?
Wifi is a trademark owned by Wifi Alliance and it was originally the IEEE 802.11x standard but in recent time, Wifi is associated with other 802.11 standards such as the 802.11ac, + dual-band and tri-band. Wifi is a form of wireless technology that uses radio technology for providing high-speed LAN and internet connections. Therefore a standard Wifi can be any of the IEEE standards.
Features To Look For In A Standard Wireless Router
Now let’s dive in and take a look at what your Standard Wireless Router must have to be considered for purchase:
- Unique Local IP address: For any connected device, a Wireless Router should give it a unique local IP which is not visible on the internet. This provides added security against hacking.
- Connection without cable: You should be able to move around any part of your home and still remain connected without long cable.
- External Hard Drive Support: this feature allows you to store and backup your drives, giving you room for expansion.
- DNLA support: for more control and flexibility, you can control the audio/video distribution over your network. It can also be used to manage file sharing permission of the Hard Drive on your network
- Other notable features include Network Polarization, Backup servers, Shared printing with USB connectivity, as well as parental control
What are the wonderful Wireless Routers?
Now let’s dive in and take a look at a couple of the fantastic Wireless Routers that you can buy. Selection was done based on the features they have and also the durability and quality of connection they provide. Buying the right wireless router will take your tablet, phone, and other connected gadgets to the next level of performance.