Do you want to have a seamless user experience when using your laptop for gaming?
Are you tired of your regular laptop and want something more fun with faster performance?
You are not alone!
In the gamers’ world, a regular laptop would just not do the magic. What you need is a one of the best gaming laptops that will enhance your gaming experience. While every gamer needs the best wireless router, gamers must have a good gaming laptop to complement it.
Why are gaming laptops better and why should you get one?
If you are thinking and can’t seem to decide if you should get a gaming laptop, then these few points will show you the advantages of a gaming laptop
- Gaming laptops offer better performance for playing games
- They have larger storage capacity, although regular laptops can be up-graded but at an extra cost.
- They can withstand intense gaming without overheating.
- They generally have wider screen
So, what is the difference between a gaming laptop and a regular laptop?
A gaming laptop is designed for more speed with higher RAM as well as more fans to cool it down from the excess heat generated. However, it does not mean that you can’t use a gaming laptop for work too and vice versa.
Here’s what to look for in a gaming laptop
- Monitor – The monitor is the one of the most essential features that a gaming laptop has. One thing to consider is the size of the monitor. A 17-18-inch gaming laptop is ideal. Also it should have a resolution of 1080p to give you great user experience and finally, the monitor should have a refresh rate of 60Hz.
- Trackpad – A good gaming laptop should also have a great trackpad that allows two-finger scrolling, pinch-to-zoom, integrated control buttons as well as a glow light that will liven user experience.
- Keyboard – The best gaming keyboards should operate seamlessly, without feeling squishy or mushy. This is important for action based games that require fast movement. Built-in light on the key is yet another great feature that will help you see your keys even in the dark. His is important for late nigh gamers.
- Speakers – The speakers should have high quality sound to enhance the moments spent playing the game. However, some users might prefer to use their headphones.
- Size and Weight – Thinner laptops might not be able to withstand the stress of intense games and could over-heat easily, therefore gaming laptops should be rugged with more fans to cool it during intense use. This means that the bulkier gaming laptops are ideal because they have more fans for cooling.
Other Features to look for:
- Ports – The ideal gaming laptop should have USB 3.0 ports, SD card slots, HDMI/DisplayPort connectivity for your monitor as well as Ethernet port.
- CPU – A quad-core laptop from Intel is ideal and it should also have a high processor frequency for better gaming experience.
- RAM – The minimum recommended RAM is 8GB and it should be set to run in dual-channel mode. The RAM speed should also be 100MHz and above for a highly integrated speed.
- Graphic cards – For great performance from your gaming laptop, it should have at least a GeForce GTX 970M with a base clock of 924MHz. You can opt for higher specifications but this is the minimum you should get for great user experience.
- Storage – It should have Solid-State Drives with up to 240 GB SSD and a supplemental hard drive for mass storage of games.
- 1 What are the best affordable gaming laptops 2019?
- 2 Asus ROG – Best Gaming Laptop
- 3 Acer Aspire V15 – Best Gaming Laptop Under $1500
- 4 Asus RoG G751JY – Best Powerful Gaming Laptop
- 5 Alienware 13 – Best Lightweight Gaming Laptop
- 6 Asus ROG G752VT-DH72 – Best 17 Inch Gaming Laptop
- 7 MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro – Best 15 inch Gaming Laptop
- 8 Razer Blade 14 – Best Gaming Laptop Under 2000
- 9 MSI GT62VR Dominator Pro – Best VR-Ready Laptop
- 10 Lenovo Z70 – Perfect Budget Gaming Laptop
- 11 MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G-034 – Best Extreme Gaming Laptop
- 12 Dell Inspiron i7559 – Best Touchscreen Gaming Laptop
- 13 GIGABYTE P37Xv5-SL4K1 – Best Slim & Light Gaming Notebook
- 14 Acer Predator 17 – Best Full HD Gaming Notebook
- 15 Features of the Acer Predator 17
- 16 MSI GE62 Apache Pro – Best Affordable Gaming Laptop
- 17 MSI GT80 TITAN SLI-001 – Best 18-inch Gaming Laptop
- 18 Conclusion
What are the best affordable gaming laptops 2019?
There are a variety of affordable gaming laptops that you can choose from. Read on to find out “the one” that will suit your needs.
We would be discussing 15 best gaming laptops that you can buy for an awesome gaming experience.
|Gaming Laptops||Processor||Hard Drive||Screen Size/RAM|
|Asus ROG G752VS OC Edition|
|2.7 GHz Intel Core i7||1 TB||17.3" Full HD/ 32 GB|
|Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7||1 TB||15.6" Full HD/ 8 GB|
|Asus RoG G751JY||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7||1 TB||17.3″ Full HD/ 24 GB|
|Alienware 13||2.5 GHz Intel Core i7||500 GB||13.3" Full HD/ 16 GB|
|ASUS ROG G752VT||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7||1 TB||17.3" Full HD/ 16 GB|
|MSI GS63VR Stealth||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7||512 GB||15.6" Full HD/ 16 GB|
|Razer Blade 14||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7||256 GB||14" Full HD/ 8 GB|
|MSI GT62VR Dominator Pro||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7||1 TB||15.6" Full HD/ 32 GB|
|Lenovo Z70||2.2 GHz Intel Core i7||1 TB||17.3" Full HD/ 16 GB|
|MSI GT72 Dominator Pro||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7||1 TB||17.3" Full HD/ 24 GB|
|Dell Inspiron i7559||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7||1 TB||15.6" Full HD/ 16 GB|
|GIGABYTE P37Xv5||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7||1 TB||17.3"/ 6 GB|
|Acer Predator 17||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7||1 TB||17.3 Full HD/ 16 GB|
|MSI GE62 Apache||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7||1 TB||15.6 Full HD/ 16 GB|
|MSI GT80 TITAN SLI-001||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7||1 TB||18.4"/ 16 GB|
Asus ROG – Best Gaming Laptop
This GTX 1070-powered notebook offers fantastic gaming performance, but its minimal overclocking ability keeps it from being completely mind-blowing. The G752VS is certainly impressive. It is one of the best gaming laptops in 2018-2019.
It offers almost double the level of gaming performance over previously available single-GPU notebooks, which is insane. It’s not a one-trick pony, either—both its quad-core CPU, DDR4 memory, and PCIe SSD are top-shelf all the way.
Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 10-series GPUs for laptops have arrived, and if the first Pascal-equipped notezilla in our lab is any indication, they’re formidable.
Asus’ mighty ROG G752VS-XB72K OC Edition packs a GTX 1070 laptop GPU with 8GB of memory and an overclockable quad-core CPU. You also get 32GB of overclocked DDR4 RAM and an NVME PCIe SSD along with a 1TB 7,200rpm hard drive.
Features of the Asus ROG G752VS OC Edition
- Beefy Nividia 1070 CPU – The CPU has been upgraded from a Core i7-6700HQ to a Core i7-6820HK. Both are 14nm Skylake quad-core processors with hyper-threading, but the 6820HK has a 100MHz-higher boost clock of 3.6GHz and is also an unlocked chip. By default when under load, the chip will turbo-boost one of its cores to 3.6GHz, or two cores to 3.5GHZ, or all four cores to 3.2GHz.
- Refreshing design – Faster, cooler, and more powerful than ever before, ROG G752VS features the latest NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 1070 GPU with Pascal architecture that delivers game-changing innovations, including next-gen VR and the best energy efficiency. The G752VS OC Edition benchmarks at an incredible 3DMark 11 score of 15,505, a +56% gain over previous generations!
- Comprehensive ROG Gaming center App – GeForce GTX 10-series graphics cards are powered by Pascal to deliver up to 3x the performance of previous-generation graphics cards, plus innovative new gaming technologies and breakthrough VR experiences. Enjoy immersive virtual reality that is smooth, low-latency, and stutter-free with the G752VS OC Edition.
- Overclockable – The OC Edition is defined by an overclocked CPU, overclocked RAM, and Windows 10 Pro. Its 6th-generation Intel Skylake-K Unlocked Core i7 processor can be overclocked to up to 4GHz.The DDR4 RAM in ROG G752VS OC Edition runs at 2400MHz, 12.5% higher than stock DDR4 speeds. Windows 10 Pro adds improvements that include enhanced encryption, Virtual Machines, and Remote Log-In. These enterprise features make G752VS OC Edition the perfect choice as both a gaming rig and workstation desktop replacement.
- Full HD IPS screen with G sync – Smooth gaming is enhanced by NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ display technology, which synchronizes the display’s refresh rate with the NVIDIA® GTX™ GPU’s frame rate for ultra-smooth visuals. G-SYNC™ helps avoid lag, minimizes perceived stutter, and eliminates visual tearing.
- Clever cooling system for CPU and GPU – The ROG-exclusive 3D Vapor Chamber, together with the copper heat pipe, create an effective and efficient cooling system that helps improve GPU performance by up to 6 percent for smooth and stable gaming. 3D Vapor Pipe Chamber technology enables higher-end GPUs with higher TDPs (Thermal Design Power) to be efficiently and effectively cooled to safe operating temperatures, extending component and product life.
- Ports – The computer is equipped with four 3.0 USB ports, a USB 3.1 type C Thunderbolt port. The graphic output is HDMI with a mini display port, a microphone Jack, headphone jack, LAN Port and an SD card reader.
- Processors – These include an Intel Core i7-6820HK processor, 4 Processor Cores with 8 Threads and 2.7GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Mode) processor clock speed
- Drives – One 1TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 hard drive, Blu-ray Combo optical drive and 512GB Toshiba XG3 NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive.
- Memory – 64GB DDR4-2400MHz memory and an 8GB GDDR 5 graphics memory
Other features include: 17.3″ FHD IPS LED (1920×1080) display with G-Sync, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics chipset, Realtek Gigabit LAN, Wireless: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, -Bluetooth: v4.0, Web Camera: HD type, Dimension: 428mm (W) x 334mm (D) x 43mm (H) AND Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10 Pro.
The only real fly in the ointment is its overclocking performance—its throttling under extended load is a bit disappointing. The Acer Predator 17X, for example, had no suAcer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Editionch issues. It would be nice if the keyboard had RGB backlighting capabilities and better audio, too. And the G752VS-XB72K only comes with a paltry one-year warranty, whereas similar notebooks from Acer and MSI offer warranties that are twice as long. For most users, these are small issues, but they’re worth noting. Still, it’s hard to argue with the incredible graphics performance of the GTX 1070. Even with the disappointing overclocking performance, Asus ROG G752VS OC Edition is second to none.
Acer Aspire V15 – Best Gaming Laptop Under $1500
The Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition is a powerful entertainment laptop, thinner and lighter than most other similar 15-inchers on the market. It packs looks, nice build quality, a great screen and fast hardware, but the battery life and cooling system are rather disappointing. Still, for the price, this is an option to consider.
Last year’s Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition appealed to many because of its low price and decent hardware.
Spec-wise the machine doesn’t go too far from its competitors like the Lenovo Y700, ASUS GL552VW or the upcoming G552 ROG notebook so it’s normal that the price tag doesn’t differ too much. It’s placed between the GL552VW and the Y700 – almost in the middle. Nonetheless, there are a few things to consider here.
The build quality and design is way better than the GL552VW and at the same time offers better IPS panel than the Y700, the touch version that is. It’s definitely one of the most balanced choices out there for the time being.
Features of the Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition
- Improved designs and exteriors – On a first look, the 2015 and the 2014 models are pretty much identical, and that’s because not much has changed on the outside. The updated Aspire V15 Nitro still gets a soft plastic case with a textured lid-cover and a smooth interior.
I’m a fan of this sort of rubbery finishing, which feels nice to touch and offers good grip. However, it also shows smudges and fingerprints easily, so potential buyers will have a hard time keeping the interior clean.
Personally, I also like this notebook’s rather sober design. It gets a hint of flashiness with the chromed strip on the rear side, which is also made of plastic, but I can live with that.
- Keyboard and track pad – Acer put a pretty good keyboard on this laptop, and if my memory serves me right, it’s a slight upgrade from what I’ve encountered on the older Nitros, with slightly firmer keys and a deeper stroke. The layout isn’t perfect though, as the NumPad area and the Directional keys are somewhat cramped, but it’s an approach I’ve seen on many other 15-inchers. The power button is also integrated as the Top-Right key and can be deactivated from the software.
- Screen – Let’s move past the input methods and turn to the screen. Our version came with the 4K IPS Sharp panel, which is simply astonishing. It’s a wide gamut panel capable of covering 100% of the Adobe RGB gamut, so it impresses with its accurate colors, sharpness, large viewing angles and deep contrast.
- Hardware performance and upgrade options – So how about performance? Well, the Aspire V15 Nitro is going to be available in a bunch of different configurations, and we have one of the base models for this review, with a Core i5-6300HQ processor, only 8 GB of RAM, Nvidia 960M graphics and dual storage, with an SSD for the operating system and a HDD for the content. Higher end versions get up to 32 GB of DDR4 RAM and a Core i7 processor.
- Gaming Performance – The Aspire is one of the slim, mobile gaming laptops. Therefore, it is not surprising that the laptop renders all up-to-date games smoothly. It is even possible to select the Full HD resolution and high quality settings.
The Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition combines elegant looks with solid gaming performance, but you’ll sacrifice some battery life.
Asus RoG G751JY – Best Powerful Gaming Laptop
Powered by the quad-core Intel Core i7 processor and the gaming-class NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M graphics card, the laptop delivers the performance and capability you need to game at top settings in the hottest title.
More features are provided to give you a competitive edge. The Turbo Master gives you a performance boost of over 5% via real-time overclocking, while intelligent dual fans and copper heat sinks keep your gaming gear cool and always at peak performance.
Laptops are mostly static devices. What we mean by that is, for the vast majority of laptops, what you get at the time of purchase is what you get, and that’s that.
Unlike a desktop system, in which each individual component is upgradeable without too much fuss, only certain parts of a laptop are user replaceable, at least without some serious deconstruction. Typically, laptop makers provide easy access to the RAM and storage, though everything else is either soldered in place or otherwise proprietary for various reasons.
Features of the Asus RoG G751JY
Windows 10 operating system -Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen.
- 17.3″ Full HD display – The 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. IPS technology for wide viewing angles. Energy-efficient LED backlight.
- 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ mobile processor – Powerful quad-core processing performance. Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it, while increasing energy efficiency when you don’t.
- 24GB system memory for intense multitasking and gaming – Reams of high-bandwidth DDR3L RAM to smoothly run your graphics-heavy PC games and video-editing applications, as well as numerous programs and browser tabs all at once.
- 1TB hard drive for ample file storage space – Holds a sizeable collection of digital photos, music, HD videos and DVD-quality movies. 7200 rpm spindle speed enables rapid read/write times for handling large files and complex applications.
- G-SYNC technology for smooth gameplay – NVIDIA G-SYNC synchronizes the refresh rates between the GPU and display, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M graphics – Backed by 4GB GDDR5 dedicated video memory for a fast, advanced GPU to fuel your games.
- MaxxAudio – It has realistic immersive in built audio.
- Size – Weighs 8.4 lbs. and measures 2.1″. It is compact power to go, so there’s no need to compromise on visual real estate or gaming power to gain portability. 8-cell lithium-ion battery.
- Aluminum chassis – Offers a sleek look.
- Bluetooth 4.0 interface syncs with compatible devices – Wirelessly transfer photos, music and other media between the desktop and your Bluetooth-enabled cell phone or MP3 player, or connect Bluetooth wireless accessories.
- Four USB 3.0 ports maximize the latest high-speed devices – USB 3.0 ports are backward-compatible with USB 2.0 devices (at 2.0 speeds).
- HDMI output expands your viewing options – Connect to an HDTV or high-definition monitor to set up two screens side by side or just see more of the big picture.
- Thunderbolt port for connecting advanced monitors and external drives – This single interface supports both high-speed data and high-definition video — plus power over cable for bus-powered devices — ideal for digital content creators.
- Built-in media reader for simple photo transfer – Supports SD and Multi-Media Card memory card formats.
- Next-generation wireless connectivity – Connects to your network or hotspots on all current Wi-Fi standards. Connect to a Wireless-AC router for speed nearly 3x faster than Wireless-N. The Gigabit Ethernet LAN port also plugs into wired networks.
- Built-in HD webcam with microphone – Makes it easy to video chat with family and friends or teleconference with colleagues over Skype or other popular applications.
- Backlit keyboard for easy typing in dim or dark locations – Touchpad with scroll and multi-touch capability.
- DVD/CD burner – Reads and writes to a wide variety of media formats, including DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, CD-R/RW and double-layer DVD.
- Additional ports – Headphone/SPDIF combo jack, VGA port and microphone input.
The ASUS G751JY gaming laptop delivers impressive Nvidia Maxwell graphics power and searing-fast SSDs in a sexy redesign.
There are slimmer and more powerful gaming laptops out there, but, this updated version of the Alienware 13 has something almost no one else has, at least not yet.
Game the way you want on the Alienware 13. It’s a powerful gaming laptop that’s thinner and lighter than anything we’ve created before. Crafted with premium features like copper cooling, optional Quad HD display and high-performance CPU and graphics, the Alienware 13 is designed to give you an awesome gaming experience anywhere, every time.
When paired with the Alienware Graphics Amplifier, powered by an upgradable desktop GPU, you can transform the Alienware 13 into the ultimate at-home experience. Just plug in and get lost in the vivid display and massive performance boost of desktop-class graphics.
Features of the Alienware 13
- High display contrast – Despite being the same FHD panel of last year, the values are slightly different. For example, the 9T7WM-133HL display (monitor ID SDC4848) offered 997:1 contrast last year, whereas in our test model we measure a slightly higher contrast of 1,055:1. However, it is normal to see such small deviations in quality, even for supposedly identical panels.
- Core i7-6500U processor – Of course, the most important change is the processor. The Intel Dual Core i7-6500U of last year belongs to the Haswell generation and achieved a maximum of 2.7 GHz. Our test model is equipped with the Core i7-5500U, which can achieve up to 3.0 GHz at load (+300 MHz).
The base clock speed is +700 MHz higher (2.4 vs. 1.7 GHz). Furthermore, Intel has also upgraded the L3 cache. Instead of the 3 MB cache of last year, the i7-5500U uses a 4 MB L3 cache. In addition, the HD Graphics 4400 (@i5-4210U) has been upgraded to the HD Graphics 5500 IGP (300-950 MHz).
- 500GB storage device- The storage device of our test model is a 500 GB SSD from Samsung, the PM851. Instead of the mSATA format, the drive employs the M.2 format, which should theoretically allow the use of PCIe models. Sadly, the Alienware 13 uses a classic SATA III SSD, which limits speeds to about 500-550 MB/s. The Samsung Drive places at that level in the sequential test of CrystalDisk Mark.
- Graphics Amplifier – The optional graphics amplifier, also named Amplifier by Dell, is a feature we reviewed last year. In contrast to the MSI GS30, which uses a similar system, the 13-inch test model does not need to be placed on the dock and can be simply connected using a cable.
- Alien Command Center – What’s an Alienware without a massive dose of showmanship? In order to elicit the optimal amount of oohs and ahhs, the Alienware 13 R2 comes preloaded with the Alien Command Center control panel, which lets gamers tweak the lighting, power configurations and create shortcuts.
- Webcam –It is not a DSLR, but the Alienware 13 R2’s integrated camera will do when you want to video chat or broadcast your latest gaming glory. Despite the copious visual noise, the 2-megapixel camera did a great job of accurately capturing my skin tone and my bright blue dress. I could also make out some of the many rubber bands holding my hair in place.
Overall, the verdict is quite similar to that of last year. Alienware attracts buyers with a stylish, high-quality case, a backlit keyboard and an IPS panel with strong contrast. We give additional points for high battery life. However, the touchpad and sound system require some work. It all comes down to personal preference whether you pick the Alienware 13 or the MSI GS30. The overall rating of 82% has stayed the same for the Alienware 13 over the years.
Asus ROG G752VT-DH72 – Best 17 Inch Gaming Laptop
The G750 series can be seen as the poster child for the Republic of Gamers notebook lineup. The flagship notebooks have consistently been number near or at the top of our list of top 10 gaming notebooks. Thus, while the exotic GX700 will likely grab more headlines, it’s the G752 that will actually make it onto more consumer hands. When Asus introduced the redesigned ROG line back at IFA in 2015, it didn’t seem like much more than a face-lift. Sure, it dropped the classic red and black gaming look for unique bronze and silver accents, but its performance was middling compared to the old model, and the water-cooled GX700 stole the spotlight anyway.That first model was the G752VT, equipped with an Intel Core i7-6700HQ. Our entry-level review unit arrived with an Nvidia GTX 970M graphics chip, 16GB of RAM, and two hard drives – a 128GB SATA drive and a 1TB mechanical disk.
Features of the 5. Asus ROG G752VT-DH72
- Intel Skylake Processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX Graphics – The ROG G752 offers state-of-the-art performance thanks to a 6th-generation Intel Skylake Core i7 processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M graphics card.
- Dust-Release Thermal Tunnel – ASUS has equipped the ROG G752 with a unique thermal design that helps prevent internal dust build-up inside the notebook. This design directs the dust into an anti-dust tunnel to keep it away from internal components. This effect prolongs the component’s lifespan and enhances the overall stability of the notebook.
- Dedicated Cooling Modules – The ROG G752 comes with dedicated cooling modules for the processor and GPU to cool each component. For more comfortable gaming sessions, hot air is expelled through the rear vents to direct heat away from you.
- Backlit Anti-Ghosting Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover – Anti-ghosting keys ensure your commands are instantaneously and correctly interpreted—even if you press up to 30 keys simultaneously. With more macro keys at your disposal, everything you need is at your fingertips. Each key has a travel distance of 2.5mm, which gives you responsive keystrokes when typing and entering commands.
- Upgradable Memory Slots – The ROG G752 offers 16GB of DDR4 memory and has four slots that can accept up to 64GB of memory modules. DDR4 technology provides 20% more performance and 30% more power efficiency over DDR3.
- NVMe SSD – NVM Express (NVMe) SSD technology provides fast data read and write speeds. Compared to Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI), NVMe not only maximizes sequential read and write speeds, but also minimizes random reading and writing latency. This technology delivers faster system processes and gameplay.
- ROG Gaming Center –This software-based control center gives you access to most functions you need such as finding system information, setting up hotkeys for faster in-game commands, adjusting audio settings, or recording gameplay.
- XSplit Gamecaster – ASUS includes a lifetime XSplit Gamecaster account for you to record or stream games. All it takes is one keystroke for you to start up the application and start streaming your gaming session.
- Sonic Suite 2 – ASUS and Nahimic have developed the Sonic Suite 2 for the ROG G752. This suite contains Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar to give you an immersive gaming audio experience. Sonic Studio provides high quality gaming audio as well as improved streaming and audio recording for optimal voice pickup and noise reduction. Sonic Radar helps you detect opponents through an on-screen overlay that shows the relative position of gunshots, footsteps, and other in-game sound effects.
- Intel Thunderbolt – Onboard Intel Thunderbolt technology provides signal transmission rates of up to 20 Gb/s, which is twice the bandwidth of USB 3.1. The ROG G752 utilizes Intel Thunderbolt technology and a USB Type-C connector to support multiple devices connected via a single cable.
- NVIDIA G-Sync – The 17.3″ display is built with NVIDIA’s G-Sync technology which synchronizes the display’s refresh rate with the NVIDIA GTX GPU for smooth visuals. G-Sync helps avoid lag, minimizes frame-rate stutter, and eliminates visual tearing.
The Asus G752 is the most dramatic design revision we’ve seen from the company’s gaming division in the last five years, and the results are mixed. The new silver-and-bronze scheme is unique, and will likely serve the company well in the future. Execution is the problem.
Large panel gaps and out-of-place design elements, like the red (rather than orange) keyboard backlight, hold the G752 back from brilliance. It also puts the G752’s design a step behind the preceding G751.
Another slim and light MSI laptop that’s available these days is the Stealth Pro GS63VR. It’s actually a refresh of the Ghost Pro GS60, however MSI has decided to adopt the Stealth name instead for some reason. This is the 15” version of their slim and light series and I can proudly say that it is an impressive machine.
Typically, when you have a gaming laptop as slim as the MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro, you have to sacrifice some performance. Not so with this model. Thanks to its powerful Core i7 processor and Nvidia Pascal video card, the 15-inch GS63VR can keep up with speedy desktop replacements, but without the backbreaking weight.
Even better, the skinny system can support VR headsets like the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive without breaking a sweat.
Features of the 6. MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10-Series Graphics Cards – NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 10-series graphics cards can deliver up to a 40% increase in performance over the previous generation. Not only are they powerful, they can deliver similar performance to their desktop counterparts with a slight performance difference. This changes mobile gaming, allowing you to max out your game’s visuals settings so you can enjoy it at its best. Furthermore, 10-series graphics cards are VR ready so plug in your favorite headset for a new computing experience.
- Intel 6th Generation Processor – Intel’s 6th generation processor, codename Skylake, is built on the 14nm architecture and consumes less power while delivering better performance than its predecessors. Combined with Shift technology, you’ll be able to adjust your processor’s performance for a balance between noise and temperature.
- IPS Display – Built with an In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel, the display will provide you with wide viewing angles and vivid colors for an immersive viewing experience.
- Cooler Boost Trinity – Cooler Boost Trinity features dedicated heat pipes and heatsinks for the GPU and CPU to eliminate heat. Furthermore, the fans are strategically placed for maximum cooling efficiency so you can game longer.
- MSI True Color Technology – MSI’s True Color Technology optimizes your display to deliver vibrant colors, stunning details, and sharp images. You’ll be able to select from multiple viewing modes to fit your current application: gamer, anti-blue, sRGB, designer, office, and movie.
- SteelSeries Keyboard – Game wherever you want, even in dimly lit environments with the backlit SteelSeries keyboard. It ensures accurate inputs and a solid feedback so you have a more responsive typing or gaming experience. The silver lining print lasts longer so you won’t have to worry about wear and tear.
- SSE3 – SteelSeries Engine 3 GameSense links your game to your keyboard and lets you play more intuitively. With backlit colors and LED brightness adjustments, you’ll receive real-time game stats such as ammo levels, health amount, tool durability, and more.
- Nahimic 2 – Nahimic 2 audio software offers high definition sound technology that provides 3D virtual surround sound. With it, you’ll be able to easily locate enemies based on their steps and actions. Combine it with the visual Sound Tracker to see where the noise is coming from.
- Thunderbolt 3 – Thunderbolt 3 is a hardware interface that utilizes the reversible USB Type-C connector. Doubling the speed of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 features a maximum throughput of 40 GB/s when used with compatible devices. The connector also transmits data via USB 3.1 at up to 10 Gb/s, and dual-bandwidth DisplayPort 1.2 allows you to connect up to two 4K displays simultaneously. Additionally, you can daisy chain up to six devices from a single Thunderbolt 3 port.
- Killer DoubleShot Pro – Killer DoubleShot Pro combines your wired and wireless Internet connection to provide you with lag-free gaming. It also lets you manually adjust a program’s priority so that it gets the bandwidth you need.
- NVME M.2 SSD – Get faster speeds with a NVME M.2 SSD. Since it utilizes the PCIe interface rather than SATA, it can reach read speeds of up to 3300 MB/s. You’ll be able to boot and load files and programs in seconds.
- DDR4 Memory – DDR4 memory runs at higher speeds to delivers faster performance compared to its predecessor DDR3. With it, your system will achieve better performance overall.
- Xsplit Gamecaster – Get a one year premium license to Xsplit Gamecaster and easily stream and share your awesome gaming moments with your friends and fans.
In general, the MSI Stealth Pro GS63VR is a great successor to the Ghost Pro GS60. The design and build quality have both improved and the hardware inside is also a nice bundle to have in such a small package. It’s good to see MSI trim off some of the footprint and bezels, without skimping on thermals and performance.
Razer Blade 14 – Best Gaming Laptop Under 2000
Instead of lugging around a giant desktop to introduce your friends and colleagues to the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive, Razer claims you’ll be able to do it with a sleek laptop roughly the size of Apple’s smallest MacBook Pro with Retina display. (Razer’s computer is not the only laptop with Nvidia’s new VR-ready laptop chips, but it’s definitely the smallest we’ve seen.)
The 14″ Blade Notebook from Razer is designed for gamers and mobile professional who require a versatile system that can handle everyday tasks such as web browsing, document editing, and video chatting as well as playing graphically demanding games.
Powered by a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core processor and 16GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM, the Blade lets you efficiently multitask and quickly access frequently used files and programs. When you need more processing power, the CPU can reach up to 3.5 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost technology.
Features of the Razer Blade 14
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10-Series Graphics Cards – NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 10-series graphics cards can deliver up to a 40% increase in performance over the previous generation. Not only are they powerful, they can deliver similar performance to their desktop counterparts with a slight performance difference. This changes mobile gaming, allowing you to max out your game’s visuals settings so you can enjoy it at its best.
- Intel 6th Generation Processor – Intel’s 6th generation processor, codename Skylake, is built on the 14nm architecture and consumes less power while delivering better performance than its predecessors. It operates at 2.6 GHz and can reach up to 3.5 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost technology.
- Chroma Keyboard – The Chroma keyboard gives you access to 16.8 million color options per key and features anti-ghosting, which precisely registers simultaneous key presses so you can execute your commands quicker than before. With Razer Synapse, you can easily remap your keys and create macros, personalize your own lighting effects, and use inter-device sync with your other Chroma enabled devices for a setup that’s as unique as your playstyle.
- Big Power, Slim Design – Designed for mobile performance, Razer focused on all aspects of the Blade’s travel experience, including the power supply. Sleek and lightweight without compromising power, the 165W power adapter is ready for gaming wherever you are.
- Thunderbolt 3 – Thunderbolt 3 is a hardware interface that utilizes the reversible USB Type-C connector. Doubling the speed of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 features a maximum throughput of 40 Gb/s when used with compatible devices.
The connector also transmits data via USB 3.1 at up to 10 Gb/s, and dual-bandwidth DisplayPort 1.2 allows you to connect up to two 4K displays simultaneously. Additionally, you can daisy chain up to six devices from a single Thunderbolt 3 port.
- FL Studio – The Razer blade is often used for gaming and music production so it’s bundled with a full license of FL Studio 12 Producer Edition – one of the most popular professional music production suites for PC
Check out the CES 2018: Razer gaming laptop has not one but three screens.
Razer is making an aggressive push for your gaming dollar, and it makes a hell of a compelling case. The latest iteration of the Blade keeps the incredibly slim dimensions from before while adding a virtual reality-ready Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 GPU — just add VR headset and go.
The gorgeous, highly customizable Chroma keyboard makes a glorious return as does a powerful Intel Core i7 GPU for a gaming laptop that’s equal parts beast and beauty.
MSI GT62VR Dominator Pro – Best VR-Ready Laptop
The MSI GT62VR is a 15-inch gaming platform, which can also be classified as a desktop replacement thanks to its generous features and the powerful hardware.
Our review unit with the designation 6RE16H21 and a retail price of 2.100 Euros is equipped with a matte Full-HD IPS panel with G-Sync support, 16 GB DDR4-RAM (2x 8 GB @2400 MHz) as well as an SSD-HDD combination with a total storage capacity of 1.25 TB.
The GT62VR is just one of MSI’s many renamed gaming models in an attempt to take on virtual reality in the notebook space, a sly move separate from the company’s “VR backpack” initiative.
In spite of Nvidia’s split focus between 4K and VR with its Pascal series cards, it’s crystal-clear what MSI’s target is. After all, you can’t spell GT62VR without VR.
Features of the MSI GT62VR Dominator Pro
- Screen – It has a 15.6″ UHD screen with Anti-Glare (3840*2160) 4K eDP IPS-Level. This makes your gaming experience more real.
- Graphics- It is equipped with aVidia Geforce GTX 1070, 8GB GDDR5
- Processor – The Skylake i7-6820HK processor gives it great speed for active games.
- Memory – A 32GB DDR4 (8GB*4) ample memory for storage.
- SSD 512GB PCIE GEN3 NVMe SSD
- HDD 1TB (SATA) 7200rpm
- Battery – the battery is made up of 8-Cell, 75.24 Whr Li-Ion (230W AC Adapter) which keeps it running for some hours especially when you are without power source.
- OS – It comes with Windows 10 operating system which is a great option for you.
- Dimensions 390 x 266 x 39.8
- Weight This gaming laptop weighs about 2.94 kg. the bulk of the weight can be associated with the number of batteries contained in the laptop
- Webcam FHD type ([email protected])
- Keyboard – The Backlight Keyboard (Full-Color) adds more color to your gaming experience and allows you see your keys even in the dark.
- LAN Killer Gb LAN
- Wireless LAN & Bluetooth Killer N1535 Combo (2*2 a/c)+BT4.1 M.2 type
- Speaker 2x 3W
- Warranty 24 months
Among the first gaming laptops with Nvidia’s Pascal graphics technology, the MSI GT62VR Dominator Pro-005 offers superb performance, along with a ton of storage, and extras like USB-C and a customizable keyboard—all at a fair price.
Lenovo Z70 – Perfect Budget Gaming Laptop
The Lenovo Z70 fills the gap for multimedia evangelists looking for a ‘bigger-than-life’ display in a laptop, while delivering the sort of general use you’ve come to expect from a Windows PC. Its middle of the road styling, full HD 17.3-inch screen and comfortable keyboard won’t offend anyone, but road warriors looking for a portable laptop.
The 17.3-inch Z70 is as large as any desktop-replacement laptop can get, but it definitely compensates for the size in a Full HD screen and an AccuType keyboard with a number pad on the side. It is relatively slim for a regular use laptop, measuring 11.14 by 0.99 by 16.46 inches (HWD) and weighs in at 6.6 pounds, but its miles away from being called an ultraportable.
With these, it is thinner and lighter than its other 17.3-inch stable mate the Lenovo Y70 Touch that measures 11.44 by 1.02 by 16.61 (HWD) and weighs 7.5 pounds, which is still ideal for a gaming laptop. The laptop is clad in an ebony black cover with accented with a tactile feel, giving it a somewhat premium look like most of its high-end competitors.
Features of the Lenovo Z70
- 17.3″ Full HD Anti-Glare Display – With the Lenovo Z70 laptop you can enjoy Full HD resolution even in bright sunshine — great news if you’re an avid film buff or keen gamer.
- Dual JBL®-Designed Speakers with Dolby® Home Theater™ v4 –Enjoy an increased level of audio clarity and maximized volume output without distortion. The immersive surround sound experience over dual JBL®-designed stereo speakers with the latest Dolby® audio enhancement is clear and crisp.
- Stylish and Comfortable – The sleek Z70 comes in ebony black and has an upscale tactile feel which makes it a pleasure to use.
- Lenovo Voice Control – With simple voice commands, you can get your PC to perform everyday tasks. For instance, rather than type documents or e-mails, you can just dictate them and the Z70 will do the rest.
- Watch on an External Screen – Using your HDMI port you can connect the Z70 to your large-screen TV, and with Intel WiDi compatible TVs you can even do this wirelessly.
- Intelligent Touchpad – Optimized for the new Windows 8.1 interface, the intelligent touchpad enables easy scroll, zoom, and rotate functions for comfortable control of your Z70 laptop.
- AccuType Keyboard – The AccuType keyboard boasts a modern look and feel with flatter, slightly curved keys that enhance your comfort while increasing typing accuracy. Choose a model with a backlit keyboard for easy typing in low-light conditions.
Integrated 720p HD Webcam and Dual Digital Array Microphones – Crystal-clear audio and video, along with face recognition technology, make online chats with friends and family better than ever.
OneKey Recovery – Recover from a virus or software problem at the touch of a button. Should a corruption arise within your system, the OneKey Recovery can quickly identify and repair the issue while also protecting any associated data.
Energy Manager – Protects the long-term durability of the battery and uses advanced energy-saving technology, allowing you to work for longer on a single charge.
Optional Discrete Graphics –With its NVIDIA® GeForce® 840M graphics, the Z70 is perfect for streaming HD videos, surfing the web, and enjoying 3D gaming.
Optional Blu-ray Disc™ Drive – To enjoy your favorite movies on the road configure your Z70 laptop with the latest 9.0mm Blu-ray Disc™ player and writer.
The desktop-replacement laptop category is a bit crowded, but Lenovo has managed to deliver a solid system at a reasonable price. The Lenovo Z70’s performance isn’t mind-blowing, but it will support most of your projects, allows you watch movies and videos on a large FHD 17.3-inch screen.
Similarly, you can play some current-generation games at with decent resolution and frame rates.
MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G-034 – Best Extreme Gaming Laptop
Some gaming laptops aim for hitting the highest frame rate, but animation and rendering quality are just as important. The MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G-1438 cannot only play high-end games smoothly at full 1080p HD resolution, it adds Nvidia’s G-Sync technology to help improve the quality of a game’s animation.
And the big 17-inch screen puts those visuals front and center, glitch-free. All this makes the GT72 Dominator Pro G-1438 our Editors’ Choice midrange gaming laptop.
The 17.3″ GT72 Dominator Pro G-034 Gaming Notebook is a full-sized portable Windows 10 system that packs a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor and 24GB of DDR4 of RAM. This set of features allows you to run multiple applications concurrently without slowing down the system.
To help you win your games, MSI provides other notable benefits such as a Thunderbolt 3 port, SteelSeries illuminated keyboard, Killer Networking, and Cooler Boost 3, which keeps your CPU and GPU operating at peak performance.
Features of the MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G-034
- 6th-Gen Intel Core i7 Performance – Using an Intel chipset architecture and faster DDR4 memory support, the Intel 6th-Generation Core i7 processor is a powerful mobile processor. For extreme performance, shift into high gear with MSI’s Shift technology.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M – Built for an immersive gaming experience, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M graphics card brings next-generation graphics performance to serious gaming notebooks. It provides desktop gaming performance in a portable design. You can enable anti-aliasing, which delivers a smooth and realistic gaming experience.
- DDR4 Memory Support – With over 32% faster performance than previous generations, DDR4 is the new standard to take your gaming experience to the next level.
- Super Port – The onboard Thunderbolt 3 port, which features a USB Type-C Interface, transfers files at a rate of up to 40 Gb/s. It can support two 4K displays and extend your field of view with daisy chain capabilities. You can also use it to charge your phones, tablets, and USB devices quickly.
- Cooler Boost 3 – Cooler Boost 3 comes with two fans that provide intelligent cooling for the GT72 notebook. It also has designated heat pipes that reduce heat generation and increase heat dissipation for the CPU and GPU.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC – NVIDIA G-SYNC helps to deliver a smooth gaming experience by synchronizing the display’s refresh rates to the GPU. This helps to eliminate screen tearing and also minimizes display stutter and input lag.
- True Color Technology – MSI True Color technology provides multiple viewing modes, each precisely calibrated to deliver vibrant colors and sharp images. Gamer mode increases brightness for gaming. Anti-Blue mode reduces potential harmful blue light.
- SRGB mode sets the screen to 100% SRGB of color gamut. Designer mode increases clarity for lines and words. Office mode reduces eye strain after long-term use. Movie mode optimizes contrast for vivid movies.
- NVIDIA Surround View – Tap into the immersive gaming experience with NVIDIA surround view. Expand the real estate of your games and get an entire view of the battlefield in strategy games, see more in first-person-shooters, and do more in MMORPGs.
- Dynaudio Speakers – Get an extra boost in performance for the audio with the built-in subwoofer, speakers, and headset amps. This notebook also comes with audio jacks so you can connect with external speakers or a headset.
- Hi-Res Audio – Push the limits of your audio peripherals and hear the difference when you jack into the SABRE Audio DAC. It provides immersive sound effects and enhances sounds you may have missed.
- Nahimic Virtual Surround Sound – Originally developed for military fighter jets, Nahimic specializes in 3D sound software processing and audio improvements offering virtual 7.1 sound in immersive high definition.
Designed to work with standard audio and stereo equipment, Nahimic transports gamers into the action, allowing them to sense every footstep, hear every bullet whizzing past, and feel every explosion.
It also features a high definition audio recorder to easily capture and stream studio quality sound and is only available on MSI gaming laptops, including the MSI GT72.
- SteelSeries Keyboard – Use the fully illuminated SteelSeries keyboard, which has tactile fast action keys, a strategic layout, and powerful customization capabilities. Modify the color, macro every key, and enhance the way you play with the SteelSeries Engine app. This keyboard also features silver-lined printed keys that provide long-term wear and tear.
- Killer Shield – MSI includes the Killer Shield manager app that protects and prioritizes the networking traffic. It also helps prevent lag spikes so you can play your best.
- Killer Doubleshot Pro – Supports both Killer E2400 LAN and dual band 802.11ac Killer wireless for improved latency and smoother online gameplay.
- XSplit Gamecaster – XSplit Gamecaster lets you record your gaming moments and broadcast your live gameplay sessions to Twitch, YouTube, UStream, and more. It’s simple, user-friendly, and suitable for sharing your gameplay with the world.
The MSI GT72 Dominator Pro gaming laptop delivers first-class speed and performance with excellent audio and a customizable keyboard.
Dell Inspiron i7559 – Best Touchscreen Gaming Laptop
Loaded with premium components, the Dell Inspiron 15 is equally suited for running the most demanding programs as it is for blasting through the latest next-gen games.
It’s powered by a 6th Gen Intel Core i7 processor and 8GB of memory for excellent speed, while a 1TB SSHD provides massive storage and lightning-fast startups and shut downs. The Inspiron 15 also features a backlit keyboard to keep the action going when the lights dim, and a precision touchpad for more accurate and responsive gestures.
The Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK is an entry-level gaming laptop,that actually has some components that deserve the “entertainment/gaming” label. The system has its gaming credentials in order, including an enthusiast-oriented NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5 graphics card, a speedy quad-core 6th Gen. (Skylake released in August 2015) Intel Core i5 processor, Windows 10 Home (64-bit) pre-installed, 8GB of system memory and 256 GB Solid-State Drive (SSD) for storage, but doubles up in speedy boot times and performance as compared to hard drives.
The Inspiron 15 stands out as a great bargain and a good bang-for-the-buck proposition. If the forward-looking capabilities and great design are anything to go by, then the Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK is something we can call a step in the right direction. For that, it deserves our nod as the newest Editors’ Top Pick for entry-level gaming laptops.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: What is the Best 3D Pen – Best 3D Printing Pen 2018
Features of the Dell Inspiron i7559
- Multi-tasking processing – With 6th Gen Intel® i7 Quad-Core processors, you’ll have all the power you need to enjoy both gaming and entertainment.
- Stream and re-stream videos – The NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M is your performance-class graphics card with 4GB GDDR5 discrete memory. This graphics powerhouse gives you high frame-per-second rates in games and accelerates video editing and transcoding.
- Primed to play – 1TB 5.4k Hybrid HDD + 8G Cache [1TB 5400 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive + 8GB Embedded Flash Cache]
- Marathon battery life – With a 6-cell 74Whr battery, expect 10+ hours of battery life to power your favorite games and videos without interruption. Combined with a 1” thin design and strong performance, this laptop makes it easy to take it all with you.
- Solid-State Drive (SSD) – Solid-state drives are similar to the flash-based memory that you find in USB memory devices and have no moving parts, making them more secure and less prone to failure than standard hard drives. SSDs also pull your data from the drive faster and outperform 10,000 rpm Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) in read/write speeds, meaning you’ll also get faster load times on game maps and other information that’s stored on your device.
- FHD anti-glare – Get the best front-of-screen experience with a FHD anti-glare IPS wide angle display (1920×1080).
- Backlit keyboard – Don’t miss a stroke with a backlit keyboard that lets you enjoy your gaming or computer time even at night. And a precision touchpad gives you responsive, accurate gesture support.
- MaxxAudio – Immerse yourself in superior sound with Waves MaxxAudio® Pro. The studio-quality processing software enhances your listening experience, and partnered with Dell-designed performance speakers and a built-in subwoofer, you get to hear every detail.
The Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK is a good choice if you’re a content-creation hobbyists who likes to indulge in gaming once in a while. The latest Core i5 processor, brilliant screen, and clear speaker will definitely take home entertainment to the next level and even make creating the next YouTube masterpiece a pleasant experience.
GIGABYTE P37Xv5-SL4K1 – Best Slim & Light Gaming Notebook
Retailing at about £1799 (around $2200, AU$2800), it’s not exactly affordable, but it’s fairly competitive when compared with other gaming laptops, which aren’t at all the same thing as a portable computer used only for light tasks such as word processing or Facebook.
The Gigabyte P37X is a particularly powerful 17-inch gaming laptop with a dual-SSD Raid array, fast quad-core CPU and Nvidia GTX 980M graphics card with 8GB of video memory.With a 1080p screen that delivers superb picture quality, the P37X brings the experience of using a desktop PC to mobile computing.
Features of the GIGABYTE P37Xv5-SL4K1
Larger VRAM for Victory – Running major titles at ultra-high resolution with 4X anti-aliasing and the finest details enabled, takes extra graphics memory. GIGABYTE P37 is packed with double VRAM capacity compared to the majority of our competitors, rendering stunning effects without compromising on system performance. Head straight for more FPS with lighting effect, motion blur, and texture filtering checked to high… Your P37 is fully loaded for the battle.
6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 Processor – The new 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor features the Intel® Skylake architecture with 14nm process, giving you blazing speed and performance which will complete your computing experience. With this new boost in performance, you can do more on your laptop ranging from work to play. Together with PCIe SSD, DDR4 memory, USB 3.1 Type-C, and HDMI 2.0, Skylake allows you to start gaming right away!
M.2 PCIe SSD – Innovative PCI Express SSD technology with the next generation form factor, M.2 is the newest incarnation of the solid state drive. With a single drive having a read speed of 2000 MB/s, the M.2 easily is 4x faster than any traditional SATA SSD technology available. With this boost in speed, the loading and installing time for programs and games will be greatly decreased. Moreover, system boot speed increases, thus greatly improving and accelerating the user experience!
DDR4 – DDR4 is breaking through the limits of data storage. Better than its predecessor DDR3 in every way, DDR4 is essential for any high-resolution game, or data-intensive application. It runs at a frequency of 2133 MHz, which allows games to run faster and smoother like never before! DDR4 also possesses more storage with a max capacity of 16GB per stick, double that of DDR3. Whether you are gaming or working, DDR4 will be able to provide superior performance!
USB 3.1 Type-C – The frustrations of turning a USB over and over trying to get it to plug has ended. With the introduction of USB 3.1 Type-C universal connector, connecting a USB is no longer a fuss. Not only is it easier to plug, it also has twice the throughput of USB 3.0, transferring 100GB video in as little as 80 seconds. Being able to transfer data faster greatly improves any user’s daily routine!
HDMI 2.0 – The era of true 4K Ultra-HD is upon us! The untapped potential of 4K resolutions is realized through HDMI 2.0! Unlike HDMI 1.4 which only supports 8-bit color and 30 FPS, HDMI 2.0 can display games like never before! Supporting up to 18 Gbps transfer, the true potential of 4K resolution is realized through 12-bit color and 60Hz refresh rate! Finally see your favorite games how they were meant to be seen, in true high definition!
4K UHD IPS Display with Wide Color Gamut (Optional) – The 4K UHD IPS display ensures wide viewing angle and color gamut, rendering crisp and vibrant colors for tremendous visual impacts. With ultimate clarity, the 3840 x 2160 resolution perfectly presents the stunning details of gaming scenes. The unreal sharpness and color intensity of the pictures grant uncompromised viewing pleasure.
The Gigabyte P37X v5 offers the power of a gaming laptop and the beauty of a 4K display in a slim, relatively lightweight chassis.
Acer Predator 17 – Best Full HD Gaming Notebook
As far as overwrought laptop gimmicks go, the Acer Predator 17 has one of the more ridiculous ones I’ve seen. Get this: With the push of a button, you can eject the Predator 17’s increasingly-retro optical drive, then throw it in the trash and replace it with an extra fan. After all, you can never be too cool.
The latest gaming laptop to thud onto my desk isn’t from one of the big names in this market – instead, it’s from Acer. The Predator 17 marks a renewed attempt by this famous firm to crack the growing gaming notebook sector.
Acer is clearly serious. It’s thrown everything it’s got at this system, from aesthetics to buzzwords, and the Predator 17 is cheaper than its rivals.
Features of the Acer Predator 17
- Big screen with a crisp picture – With a very high quality, extra-large screen that tops 1080p, this laptop is the ultimate entertainment machine, delivering crisp picture when watching HD movies or playing video games.
- Graphics card – Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M
- Processor – The Intel Core i7-6700HQ, which uses the codename, Skylake-H, is a laptop processor that was released in August 2015. While performance greatly depends on the tasks being run, here are the common considerations when researching CPUs:
- Battery – 8-cell Li-Ion battery, 6000mAh, up to 5.5 hours of battery life
- Memory – RAM type ;DDR3 SDRAM,DDR4 SDRAM RAM speed;2133MHz RAM slots 4DIMM slot
The new Predator 17 was the most promising new laptop to debut at IFA 2015, and it lives up to that promise. While it’s not the most exciting notebook at first glance, its conventional design, combined with excellent hardware, makes for an incredible all-around system.
It robs the Asus G751 of its championship title and, like that rig, has appeal that extends beyond gaming. The Predator’s fast processor, pleasing, keyboard, and large battery make it a solid workstation, as well.
MSI GE62 Apache Pro – Best Affordable Gaming Laptop
The MSI GE72 Apache ($1,399 as tested) is a reasonably priced entry-level gaming laptop with a bright, 15.6-inch full HD screen. It’s equipped with an Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB of memory, and a 1TB hard drive. It’s the first laptop we’ve seen with Nvidia’s new GeForce GTX 965M graphics, which launched at CES 2015.
Drawbacks, like the short battery life and the scads of bloatware, are outweighed by good connectivity, a nice screen, and very good benchmark scores in our tests. It’s a solid laptop for users who want to start gaming on a serious level.
The MSI 15.6″ GE62 Apache Pro-004 Gaming Notebook is powered with a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor and 16GB of DDR4 RAM to make it a suitable Windows 10 system for use at home or at work. It features a 15.6″ display and a 1920 x 1080 resolution so you can comfortably view your spreadsheets or games. It’s one of the best affordable gaming laptops.
To help process 3D textures and shadows, it comes built with a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M graphics card with 2GB of video memory. Moreover, it has a SteelSeries keyboard that offers full-color backlight and Anti-Ghost keys so you can swiftly input commands when playing games.
Features of the MSI GE62 Apache Pro-004
- Quad-Core 6th-Gen Skylake Intel Core i7 Performance –The MSI GE62 houses a 6th-generation Skylake Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 2.6 GHz. The processor also can provide speeds up to 3.5 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. Additionally, it features 6MB of L3 cache as well as Hyper-Threading technology, which enhances the cores.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M Graphics – Built for an immersive gaming experience, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M arms you with industry-leading technologies including dynamic PhysX effects, CUDA, and more. Based on NVIDIA’s Maxwell GPU architecture, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M provides optimal performance per watt.
- DDR4 Memory Support – This notebook supports DDR4 memory, which offers faster performance than previous generations.
- Super Port USB 3.1 Type-C – Transferring data between devices is faster with the USB 3.1 Type-C port. With transfer rates up to 10 Gb/s, it quickly backs up data from this notebook to an external drive. Additionally, it features a reversible connector that helps you connect a USB Type-C cable on the first try.
- Cooler Boost 3 – Cooler Boost 3 comes with two fans that provide intelligent cooling for the GE62 notebook. It also has designated heat pipes that reduce heat generation and increase heat dissipation for the CPU and GPU.
- MSI True Color Technology – MSI True Color technology provides multiple viewing modes, each precisely calibrated to deliver vibrant colors and sharp images. Gamer mode increases brightness for gaming. Anti-Blue mode reduces potential harmful blue light. sRGB mode sets the screen to 100% sRGB of color gamut. Designer mode increases clarity for lines and words. Office mode reduces eye-strain after long term use. Movie mode optimizes contrast for vivid movies.
- Matrix Display – With Matrix Display technology, the MSI GE62 supports multiple external displays so you can multitask via HDMI and mini DisplayPort. Stream on Twitch or watch your favorite shows while playing your games.
- Dynaudio Speakers – Fill the room and feel the bass with four Dynaudio high fidelity speakers. Drop the beat or feel the thunderous roar of the battlefield with an integrated subwoofer. This notebook also comes with audio jacks so you can connect with external speakers or a headset.
- ESS Sabre HiFi Audio DAC – This MSI GE62 notebook comes equipped with an ESS Sabre HiFi Audio DAC that upgrades the audio experience when using your headphones. It provides immersive sound effects and enhances sounds you may have missed.
- Nahimic Virtual Surround Sound – Originally developed for military fighter jets, Nahimic specializes in 3D sound software processing and audio improvements offering virtual 7.1 sound in immersive high definition.
- Designed to work with standard audio and stereo equipment, Nahimic transports gamers into the action, allowing them to sense every footstep, hear every bullet whizzing past, and feel every explosion. It also features a high definition audio recorder to easily capture and stream studio quality sound and is only available on MSI gaming laptops, including the MSI GE62.
- SteelSeries Keyboard – Use the fully illuminated SteelSeries keyboard, which has tactile fast action keys, a strategic layout, and powerful customization capabilities. Modify the color, macro every key, and enhance the way you play with the SteelSeries Engine app. This keyboard also features silver lining printed keys that provide long-term wear and tear.
- Killer Shield – MSI includes the Killer Shield manager app that protects and prioritizes the networking traffic. It also helps prevent lag spikes so you can play your best.
- XSplit Gamecaster – XSplit Gamecaster version 2 lets you record your gaming moments and broadcast your live gameplay sessions to Twitch, YouTube, UStream, and more. It’s simple, user-friendly, and ideal for sharing your gameplay with the world.
Overall, the MSI GE62 Apache is a very good entry-level gaming laptop, with class-leading 3D performance numbers and gamer-friendly features, like the Steel series keyboard with multi-colored backlighting.
MSI GT80 TITAN SLI-001 – Best 18-inch Gaming Laptop
The GT80 Titan is indeed the powerhouse MSI says it is. It has an excellent chassis, ultra-powerful components, a highly effective cooling system and a mechanical keyboard that gamers will love. It’s a standout laptop that’s several steps above the rest, providing a gaming experience never yet seen on a laptop.
The design of this beast would look similar to none. Such a design manages to accommodate loads of hardware and cooling facilities. 18.4” display should speak volumes about how much of a desk space needs to be spared. The extra room created in parallel at keyboard area makes up for an all-purpose touchpad.
The touchpad doubles up as a numeric pad when required. When speaking notebooks, you might not come across GT80 level specs that often. The heavy configuration comes at a cost. It adds up to huge size which can’t be moved around easily. It may not even fit a standard laptop bag. Barring all the negatives, the model is still a hard-sell on the basis of performance alone.
Features of the MSI GT80 TITAN SLI-001 18.4-Inch Gaming Laptop
- Intel Core i7 – The Intel Core i7 for laptops is based on the LG1156 Core i5/i7 CPU for desktops. The base clock speed of the CPUs is relatively low, but because of a huge Turbo mode, the cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM). Therefore, the CPU can be as fast as high clocked dual-core CPUs (using single threaded applications) but still offer the advantage of 4 cores. Because of the large TDP of 45 W / 55 W, the CPU is only intended for large laptops.
- Processor – The processor is 4980HQ. Has well-based quad-core processor clocked at 2.8 GHz with Turbo Boost support up to 4.0 GHz. Offers an integrated Iris Pro Graphics 5200 GPU and a dual-channel DDR3 memory controller.
- Screen – The screen size is 18.4 ‘’.This is a very large display size for laptops on a desk without mobile use.
- Weight – This weight is representative 4.5kg for typical laptops with a 14-16 inch display-diagonal.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M SLI – Two GeForce GTX 980M graphics cards in SLI combination. These graphics cards are able to play the latest and most demanding games in high resolutions and full detail settings with enabled Anti-Aliasing.
- Keyboard and trackpad – Where MSI really went bold was with its keyboard and trackpad. Eschewing the Chiclet –style keys found on so many mobile systems, MSI implements a red backlit Steel series mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. It takes some getting used to, but the light actuation force is ideal for fast paced action and they sound so satisfying clicking away.
With so much of GT80’s body consumed by access panels, the keyboard is necessarily placed near the edge of the chassis, where your palms would normally sit. This leaves no room for a conventional trackpad. MSI instead implements a combination trackpad/keypad to the far right.
Pressing the built in NUM Lock contact switches between both modes. The assumption is, of course, that you are going to use the GT80 with the best gaming mouse.
When speaking notebooks, you might not come across GT80 level specs that often. The heavy configuration comes at a cost. It adds up to huge size which can’t be moved around easily. It may not even fit a standard laptop bag. Barring all the negatives, the model is still a hard-sell on the basis of performance alone.
Now that you are armed with the knowledge of gaming laptops and their features you can decide on the best gaming laptop that suits you. You can learn more about this on Wikipedia Laptops. The question: What are the Best Gaming Laptops has been answered.