Every gamer needs a proper gaming kit. Think about getting yourself a gaming mouse and playing with your old keyboard. Or vice versa. Your gaming experience is going to be incomplete. Many products are available and they differ in build quality, performance, features, lighting and even clickiness.
We are going to talk about the ever so popular mechanical gaming keyboards.
Because they have special physical key switches, built to determine when the key has been pressed. In the case of membrane keyboards, you don’t have a tactile and audible feedback of the key being pressed successfully. That’s why gamers have replaced their membrane keyboards for mechanical ones, ones that give you a tactile response to your actions.
Depending on what types of switches your keyboard has, the audible feedback can be soft, medium or loud. If want to hear a rifle going off every time you press a key, you can get these loud keyboards.
If you prefer to be in stealth mode, you can get a keyboard that makes little to no sound.
Mechanical gaming keyboards are more durable, more comfortable and satisfying, and they can make a gamer really feel pampered. Most of them come with LED backlighting which makes for great atmosphere when using the keyboard. Of course, they are also more expensive.
You can find below the incredible mechanical gaming keyboards for gaming and everyday use. These offer the best value-for-money characteristics and features and can make for an amazing gaming experience.I’ve tested and reviewed over 50 Mechanical Gaming Keyboards to choose the best. I finally chose Corsair K70 to be the unbelievable keyboard for gamers to buy in 2018. I am more than sure that you are eager to know the reasons, that why I had chosen the Corsair K70, as the best gaming keyboard 2019? Right?
|Gaming Keyboard||Interface||Keyboard backlighting||Programmable keys|
|Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire|
|Razer Blackwidow Chroma||Wired||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Razer Turret||Wireless||No||No||Check Price|
|Turtle Beach Impact 100||Wired||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Logitech G910 Orion||Wired||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i||Wireless||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Logitech Wireless Wave||Wireless||No||Yes||Check Price|
|CM Storm QuickFire TK||Wireless||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Razer Orbweaver||Wired||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Tesoro Excalibur G7NL||Wireless||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Razer DeathStalker||Wired||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|ROCCAT RYOS MK Pro||Wired||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Mad Catz STRIKE TE||Wired||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|SteelSeries Apex M800||Wired||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Razer Ornata||Wired||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Corsair Gaming K95 RGB||Wired||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum||Wired||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Das Keyboard 4 Professional Mechanical Keyboard||Wired||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame, built to withstand a...
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback allow...
- Per key dynamic multi color RGB backlighting offers near unlimited...
- Get the RAPIDFIRE advantage CHERRY MX Speed mechanical key switches...
- USB pass through port provides convenient access to an additional USB...
This is the first in our review series and it is a gaming keyboard that is high tech with flexible features.
The K70 Rapidfire keyboard is a gaming accessory that can help players have a better and more intuitive gaming experience. The new product is considered to be one of the fabulous gaming keyboards on the market.
In order to compete at the highest level, you need a really fast mechanical keyboard. Apparently, the Corsair team has put some serious efforts into their product because the K70 Rapidfire keyboard features 100% anti-ghosting and full key rollover, as well as 100% Cherry MX Speed gaming key switches. They feature super fast actuation and require only 45g force.
The used material for the keyboard is aluminum when it comes to frame. It is especially designed to withstand many keystrokes, so passionate gamers can always count on it. Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) enables sophisticated macros and numerous lighting effects. The USB pass-through port is positioned to grant an easy gameplay. Finally, there is also a detachable wrist rest that is incredibly helpful to players after a long gaming session.[wpmfc_cab_sw]It is important to be mentioned here, that if you have already chosen to get the Corsair K70 Rapidfire gaming keyboard, you should remember that there are actually two options available.[/wpmfc_cab_sw]
The only difference between them is the lighting as the RGB variant provides players with the ability to enjoy a way more colorful experience as the standard option includes a keyboard with one color lighting – red.
Due to the fact that the K70 Rapidfire keyboard is the first to feature the new Cherry MX Speed keys, we should describe their main characteristics and advantages in a few words. They have a way shorter actuation than the traditional Cherry keys – 1.2 mm in comparison to 2 mm. Also, they are not too noisy as the Cherry Blues, and at the same time not too silent as the Cherry Browns.
Another great feature of the Corsair K70 Rapidfire keyboard is its CUE (Corsair Utility Engine) software. It literally offers unlimited options for gaming customization. Basically, it’s a full programming suite for lighting effects and key mapping.[wpmfc_cab_ss]To sum it up, the Corsair K70 Rapidfire keyboard is an extraordinary piece of hardware which would be the perfect addition to every gamer’s playing set. It is full of possibilities, extras and special features. Of course, the main advantage and strength of the keyboard is in its Cherry MX Speed keys which take the gaming experience to a new quality level.[/wpmfc_cab_ss]
- Signature Mechanical Switch for Gaming: Razer Green switch technology...
- Ultimate Personalization and Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma:...
- Fully Programmable Macro Support: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys...
- Ergonomic, Magnetic Wrist Rest: Made of plush leatherette to maximize...
- Durable Construction: Supports up to 80 million clicks; made of...
The Razer BlackWidow X Chroma mechanical gaming keyboard became extremely popular. It has been built to last.
The BlackWidow X Chroma is made of military grade metal with a black matte finish. It is a solid gaming keyboard and can be considered relatively heavy. But it is definitely durable.
To Tell You the Truth
The Razer Green switches have made the keyboard quite loud. They have also given the Razer BlackWidow X another benefit – their lifespan has been set on up to 80 million keystrokes. And this is a main point of advantage for Razer’s mechanical gaming keyboard.
The Razer BlackWidow X has been released with a more compact Tournament Edition as well, and you can choose to get it with the Razer Orange, which would bring stealth to the table and silence the keys.
Both key switches have a tactile feedback, so you will always know you have pressed the button.[wpmfc_cab_si]The mechanical key switches – Razer Green and Orange, are built in-house so that the manufacturing process can be strictly observed. Razer have made sure to provide carefully controlled, top-notch quality switches for their fantastic gaming keyboard designed to wow gamers around the globe.[/wpmfc_cab_si]
In Comparison to its Predecessor
The BlackWidow X Chroma has 104 keys in total. The dedicated macro keys have been removed from the design. Some gamers might miss them, but you can still record macros through the Razer Synapse software, even though there are no dedicated keys for the job. Just record them and assign them on the key that is most suited for your goals.
In terms of cable management, the Razer BlackWidow X Chroma has a cable channel for you to use. However, some users have complained that its teeth wear out the cable and this might be a problem in the future, as the cable cannot be simply replaced. The Tournament Edition, on the other hand, has a replaceable cable.
The LED lighting of the Razer BlackWidow X Chroma is powered by Chroma. Said LED lights are no longer underneath the key switches but right above them. You can tweak the available settings in the Razer Synapse software and make the perfect keyboard.
Alternatively, you can find in the so-called Chroma Workshop on the Razer’s website a lot of game integrated lighting patterns. Just download the ones for your favorite game and import it through Synapse to get both gaming and visual experience while playing. You can also become a contributor and show off your personal lighting.[wpmfc_cab_ss]Razer BlackWidow X Chroma is a top choice for any gamer out there. It is a durable and solid mechanical gaming keyboard that will help you gain incredible gaming experience and to get more pleasure out of it. BlackWidow X Chroma does not have a lot of features, but in terms of design and performance is one of the astonishing keyboards available. The Razer BlackWidow X Chroma provides great quality and value for its price and you should definitely consider it carefully when choosing a gaming keyboard.[/wpmfc_cab_ss]
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum for superior rigidity
- 100% Cherry MX RGB mechanical key switches for ultimate performance
- Multicolor per-key backlighting for virtually unlimited game...
- 18 G-keys with up to 108 macros for faster gaming
- Display controller driven fast and fluid for an amazing multicolor...
The Corsair Gaming K95 RGB mechanical keyboard is one of the diamonds available for gamers to get right now. It is one of the most popular keyboards currently, and for a good reason. Multiple reasons actually, and they all shine brightly in multiple colors. But let’s get into details.
This is also one of the astounding gaming keyboards you can find and feel pampered by everything it has to offer. In terms of design, the Corsair K95 RGB is an outstanding peripheral. It has an aircraft-grade anodize black aluminum surface. The wrist rest is rubberized with a texture. If you prefer, you can remove it. Corsair K95 RGB also comes with rubber feet and two extendable feet at the back of the bottom side.
The mechanical keyboard is build on Cherry MX RGB key switches, which give you precision and a better feel of the keyboard. Corsair Gaming K95 RGB can be with Red or Brown switches. The Cherry MX Brown switches give you a tactile feedback, so that you are sure if your press has been registered. The feedback of the Cherry MX Red is less tactile, more linear and smooth, for multiple taps.
Corsair K95 RGB comes with a multi-color backlighting. This keyboard will let you assign a different color to EACH of its keys. There are no limits to the extent to which you want to customize your keyboard and make your Corsair Gaming K95 unique. This can be done through the CUE (Corsair Utility Engine).[wpmfc_cab_si]The software gives you access to complete customization options. Probably the only drawback is that there are so many options, the CUE might be considered too complicated. But if you’ve got the time, you can make yourself the perfect keyboard with the Corsair K95 RGB. Choose between color palettes, direction of lighting, duration and velocity, how it flows and many more.[/wpmfc_cab_si]
With the Corsair K95 RGB you get amazing technical parameters and features which, as expected from one of the extraordinary gaming keyboards, are extremely difficult for another product to match. This is a sturdy keyboard with an impressive stylish look, and so many functionalities, you could get lost in them. The Corsair K95 comes with built-in media controls and the 18 ‘G-Keys’ you can use to set up to 108 macros in order to optimize your MMO and MOBA gaming. In the CUE you can also remap every key on the Corsair K95 RGB.
You can connect your K95 RGB to the motherboard through two USB plugs. They both need to be plugged in if you are using USB 2.0. Otherwise, with a USB 3.0, you can plug in only the one with the keyboard sign on it. Something that could be considered a downgrade for most users is the dropped USB passthrough, which is not available on the Corsair Gaming K95 RGB. Other than that, this mechanical keyboard is truly worth its price tag.
- Pure Performance-Driven Design: Full-size keyboard delivers peak...
- Ultra-Responsive Romer-G Mechanical Key Switches: Up to 25% faster key...
- Customizable RGB Lighting: Match your system's look and personalize...
- Easy-Access Media Controls: Play, pause, mute, adjust volume and skip...
- Customizable Function Keys: Program custom macros to F1-F12 keys with...
The Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB mechanical keyboard is currently the dominating gaming keyboard by Logitech. It has some distinctive characteristics in comparison to its main competitors.
Logitech G810 uses the proprietary Romer-G switches. They are fast and gaming-oriented for quick response and speed optimization. Romer-Gs actuate at 1,5mm, which is one of the shortest distances for actuation currently, with a force of 45g. Being quiet, the switches still give a relatively tactile feedback. At the moment, the Logitech G810 with its mechanical Romer-G key switches offers one of the fastest experiences with a gaming keyboard.
The lifespan of the Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum keys is said to be up to 70 million keystrokes, which is quite competitive in the current situation of saturation in the market for gaming keyboards.
The Romer-G switch has been developed by Logitech in collaboration with the Japanese manufacturer Omron. In terms of performance, the Romer-G switch falls right between the popular Cherry MX Red and the Cherry MX Brown.
The Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum has a more traditional outlook. It has a clean plastic frame with a black matte finish. On the top right corner you can find the integrated media control keys. The bottom of the G810 Orion Spectrum is supported by six rubberized feet, which are quite big. An additional feature are the two sets of extendable feet with different height at the back, which allow you to adjust the height of your keyboard as preferred.
The lack of a wrist rest could be considered a drawback, if you want to have one. There is also no cable management solution provided.
When it comes to features, Logitech G810 RGB Orion Spectrum might have a slight disadvantage, which is a bit surprising when talking about arguably the pretty gaming keyboard. It does not have dedicated macro keys. Of course, this won’t prevent you from recording macros – you can still do it through the Logitech Gaming Software. Macros can be recorded over the F-keys.[wpmfc_cab_si]When recording macros, you will be overwriting the original functions of the F-keys. If you want to revert them back, you will have to record them all over again. To spare yourself the trouble, you can create different profiles – just make a Generic Key Functions profile and load it when you want to use the F-keys with their traditional capabilities.[/wpmfc_cab_si]
The LED lighting of the Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB keyboard is great, too. It is fully customizable and you can tweak and tune it in the gaming software of Logitech. And the best part is that the software comes with pre-loaded profiles for more than 300 games. On the Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum you will probably be able to play your favorite game with an integrated lighting pattern.
- the Razer Turret consists of a fully-fledged PC gaming keyboard with...
- The Razer Turret comes with dual wireless connectivity, so whether...
- The Razer Turret's ergonomic and slim form factor has been made to...
- By supporting up to four months of usage on the keyboard (40 hours of...
- The integrated magnetic mouse mat ensures that you never have to worry...
The key to securing victory all the time is having an arsenal of controls more impressive than your opponents. The Razer turret puts the power of desktop grade gaming peripherals right in your lap as you play your favorite game titles on the couch.
In addition to the undeniable precision achieved by using a keyboard and a mouse, this highly ergonomic lapboard also gives you power to execute typing commands while you are gaming or browsing, without having to switch devices constantly.
Arm yourself with the Razer turret, and dominate leaderboards from the comfort of your couch. If you sit at a desk with a monitor, you probably use a mouse and keyboard. If you sit back on the couch with a television, you probably use a gamepad.
Mouse-and-keyboard setups offer undeniable input superiority for first-person shooters, and simply work better for most strategy games, but they just aren’t comfortable to use when you’re not at a desk or a table. Razer tries to solve this problem with the Turret, a wireless gaming keyboard and mouse combination that features a folding lapboard with mouse surface and a charging cradle for keeping both peripherals ready and available.
It’s a well-designed package, but neither the keyboard nor the mouse can compare with dedicated, wired input devices on comfort and functionality.
Features of the Razer Turret
- Razer Orochi mouse – Better still, the mouse mat is slightly magnetized, which means the bundled Razer Orochi mouse – which is also magnetized – won’t slide off the surface. I found this really useful when playing on the sofa, as the Turret tends to sit at a tilt. Using a normal mouse (the Logitech G900, for reference) proved frustrating, but the sticky Orochi stayed glued to the mat.
- 3,500 DPI sensor – Still, you can use Synapse to do all the usual things you’d expect, such as changing the polling rate and DPI settings for the Orochi, or tracking your key presses using a heat map. Don’t forget that Synapse will also load settings based on the game you’re playing, so you don’t suffer the headache of quickly editing settings each time you start up a new title.
- 40-hour battery life (mouse) – Razer boasts that the Turret’s battery lasts 40 hours on a single charge. Surely we could make do with a shorter runtime in exchange for backlighting. I admit, it’s hard to even verify Razer’s battery claims, because 40 hours is a stupendous amount of time to keep the Turret running without returning it to its charging dock. All I can say is I never had it run out of battery while I was using it. Nor did I ever come close to running out of battery.
- 4-month battery life (keyboard) – While the keyboard’s battery automatically charges when the lapboard is in the dock, Razer says it can last up to four months at a time. The lapboard folds back less than an inch past the right edge of the keys. The other half of the board is a mouse surface apparently devoid of any electronics. The mouse surface is a very smooth material separate from the plastic of the lapboard itself. While the mouse pad half of the lapboard measures 4.8 by 8.2 inches (HW), the actual mouse surface is a smaller 4.6 by 7.4 inches. It feels sturdy, and the hinge of the lapboard keeps the entire thing flat when it’s unfolded across a lap.
- Wireless 2.4GHz adapter – Also included in the box is a small wireless 2.4GHz Bluetooth adapter. This can be plugged into the USB port of a gaming laptop for instant connectivity. The Turret can also pair via a standard Bluetooth connection, which means you can sync it to your smartphone.
- Smart Guide Keycap Sleeves - Smart-guided keycap sleeves emulate the...
- Make Every Keystroke Count - Patented 30-key rollover with full...
- Durable Construction - Circuit board mounted on steel plate to...
- High-Quality PBT Keycaps - Unlike standard ABS, PBT keycaps won't wear...
- Easy to Set Up - USB plug-and-play with a braided USB cable
The Turtle Beach Impact 100 ($60) is a membrane gaming keyboard that functions like a mechanical one. The imitation isn’t perfect, but it gets the job done. I also like the compact design and easy setup. If you simply don’t have the cash to dish out on a mechanical keyboard, the Impact 100 really is the next best thing.
The Turtle Beach impact 100 is not your everyday gaming keyboard, there is a beast under the keys!
Neither mechanical nor traditional membrane, this hybrid uses smart guided keycap sleeves to emulate the sensation of a mechanical keyboard, but for a fraction of the cost.
Patented 30-key rollover with anti-ghosting means fast moving fingers can control games without the fear of missed moves and dropped instructions. The steel reinforced construction also ensures long lasting durability and the high quality PBT keycaps won’t wear out over time.
Features of the Turtle Beach Impact 100
- Smart guided keycap sleeves – The feeling of a mechanical keyboard made affordable to everyone. The keys are where the Impact 100 really distinguishes itself from the competition. I usually caution readers against purchasing membrane gaming keyboards because, for all their bells and whistles, their guts are essentially the same as a $20 office keyboard you can pick up at any department store. The Impact 100 uses membrane technology, and does not feel as good as a true mechanical keyboard, but it does try something different, and the innovation pays off.
- Durable Construction – Circuit board mounted on metal plate for stability and maximum durability. Although I liked the keys on the Impact 100 for the most part, there’s a fairly steep learning curve because of a curious design choice. The Impact 100 has a tiny Backspace button right next to the slash, instead of the usual larger Backspace button above the slash
- USB plug and play – No software required. The Impact 100 feels lightweight, both in physical and digital terms. The device requires no software and no special drivers. To install it, simply plug in the Impact 100, and start typing. That’s all it takes.
- Full anti-ghosting – Full anti-ghosting and a world-patent 30-key rollover. It creates a very fast keyboard which ensures keystrokes won’t be missed
- PBT keycaps –Unlike regular ABS, PBT keycaps don’t wear down over time.
- World's fastest RGB mechanical gaming keyboard: Exclusive Romer-G...
- Customizable RGB illumination: Personalize individual key lighting...
- Arx Control App and smartphone dock: Instantly access in-game data on...
- 9 programmable G-keys: Create custom game macros to execute complex...
- Dedicated media controls: One-touch control panel for quick access to...
Logitech’s G910 Orion Spark is a completely new keyboard with completely new switches, built from the ground up for gaming and full RGB backlighting. As such, it’s probably the device where we have the most to talk about because, well, it’s entirely unique.
There was a time, not so long ago, when purchasing a gaming keyboard meant you’d be stuck with some kind of garish neon green, blue or red backlighting. If your home décor didn’t match, that was just tough cookies.
Full-color keyboards, which let you choose your own backlighting color combinations, are finally starting to trickle into the market, and Logitech’s G910 Orion Spark ($180) wants to ride the wave early.
The Orion Spark is hardly cheap, but it is comfortable, user-friendly and drop-dead gorgeous. If the Orion Spark is any indication of what’s to come, the next few years look good for keyboard enthusiasts.
Features of the Logitech G910 Orion Spark
- Romer-G switches – The Orion Spark is a mechanical keyboard, but it brings a totally new kind of switch to the table. Logitech claims that its Romer-G switches are faster and more durable than competing mechanical switches. This may be true, but while the keys worked well, I did not notice a significant difference between them and the industry-standard Cherry MX switches.
- Backlighting – The biggest innovation that the Orion Spark brings is a veritable rainbow of backlighting options. Whether you want to make the whole keyboard a stately blue, have it pulsate in a shimmering rainbow or turn each key to a different color (there are millions to choose from, and even similar colors look pretty distinct), the Orion Spark will accommodate you.
- Macro recording – The macro recording, in particular, deserves a shout-out. I honestly can’t think of another keyboard that made recording macros so simple. There were no settings to fiddle with or awkward keyboard combinations to input. You simply press the macro record button, selected a G macro key, input my command and hit the macro record button once again. It records macro with perfect timing and absolutely zero fuss.
- Analysis mode – The device also features an analysis mode that gauges both how often you tap each key and how long you hold it down during a single play session.
- Lcd screen – The Orion Spark even takes a cue from Logitech’s old G19 and G19+ keyboards, which had LCD screens. This time around, Logitech lets you bring your own display, with a spot in the back for a mountable smartphone.
- Ultra minimalistic ten keyless (TKL) design ideal for FPS pro
- Cherry MX mechanical key switches
- Portable design with detachable cable
- Game mode 100 per cent anti-ghosting and N key rollover functions
- HyperX red backlit keys with dynamic lighting effects
Speaking of Ten Key Less (TKL) keyboards, we are here today to see one of the latest TLK keyboards from CMStorm and their QuickFire series, the Rapid-i. Of course, that means we lose the number pad, but we also lose the need for drivers in this instance as well. That does not completely take away from the Rapid-i and its optional functionality either.
There are still some very cool lighting modes, you can adjust the repeat rate, there are profiles for lighting and key assignment, and there is a set of multi-media keys as well. There are a few other nice features to this latest design, and if you are in the market for a TKL, then the CMStorm QuickFire Rapid-i is a serious contender for your hard earned money.
CM Storm, the gaming division of legendary manufacturer Cooler Master are back once again with their latest mechanical keyboard. The CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i is a popular choice with a lot of gamers, so let’s see what all the fuss is about.
Features of the CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i
- High quality mechanical key switches – Genuine CHERRY MX Brown key switches provide satisfying, tactile feedback with low noise output and superior durability.
- Full backlighting – Completely backlit with white LEDs for total illumination and visibility in low-light environments. The completely backlit design with white LEDs allows for total illumination and visibility in low-light environments. A 32-bit ARM processor allows you to program individual keys, keeping them lit permanently. This makes it easier than ever to personalize while at home or away at an event. These backlighting customizations are stored within four separate lighting profiles, so you can store and use them as you like.
- Activelite technology – Rapid-i’s unique lighting technology enables instant response and trailing light effects upon keypresses. Switch to Activlite mode – keycaps react to your touch and turn off upon release. Customize this effect further by choosing between the backlight going off instantly or slowly fading away
- Customizable per key lighting – A 32-bit ARM processor allows you to program individual keys, keeping them lit and saved across four (4) different profiles without using any software
- Repeat rate adjustments over USB – Execute commands up to eight times faster than other keyboards and competitors by adjusting your keyboard repeat rate at a moment’s notice.
- N-key rollover – N-key rollover registers an unlimited amount of simultaneous keypresses for dependable command execution.
- Luxurious soft touch and minimalist style – Soft-touch paint creates both a comfortable feel and a luxurious look perfect for gamers and business users alike. Its compact size and simplistic, yet functional, design makes the Rapid-i occupy the perfect balance between a sophisticated design aesthetic and a gaming powerhouse.
- ERGONOMIC WAVE DESIGN : The MK550 uses Logitech's Constant Curve...
- INTEGRATED PALM REST : Experience lower wrist fatigue with the...
- PRECISION LASER MOUSE : Say goodbye to your touchpad with the included...
- LONG BATTERY LIFE : Use your keyboard and mouse for longer with the...
- SIMPLE SETUP : There's no additional setup involved when using the...
The Logitech Wireless Wave Combo MK550 is one of the few ergonomic wireless keyboards and mouse combos that we reviewed for this comparison. If you’ve never used an ergonomic keyboard before, it can take some getting used to.
As you might expect from the name, the Wave Combo’s keys ripple across the keyboard, with the G and H keys at the apex. The design looks a little strange at first, but after our reviewers used the keyboard extensively, it was apparent this is among the most comfortable components we tested. It pairs the user-friendly design with advanced features, earning our Top Ten Reviews Gold Award.
Logitech MK550 Wireless Wave Keyboard and Mouse comes with freedom of motion while working at your PC with this keyboard and mouse that wirelessly connects to your computer from up to 33 feet away. The keyboard features Comfort Wave technology and a cushioned, contoured palm rest, and the mouse features contoured sides and soft rubber grips, so you can comfortably type and input data.
Features of the Logitech Wireless Wave Combo
- 2.4GHz wireless connection – The mouse and keyboard connect to your computer using a receiver and work up to 33 feet away.so you can work or play in more places-like your comfy touch-the long range wireless connections virtually eliminates delays .dropouts, and interference.
Compatible with most versions of Windows – Works across a variety of Windows computers.
- Laser technology – The mouse uses a laser to detect movement with accuracy across a variety of surface types, including glass.
- 3-button mouse design – Features a scroll wheel, a tilt wheel and 3 programmable buttons. Along with being comfortable to use, this is one of the few mice with additional features such as four-way scrolling and extra clicking options just above where the thumb rests. You can use the scroll wheel to move through a page vertically, but by pressing the left or right side of the scroll wheel, you can also navigate through your content horizontally.
Contoured sides and soft rubber grips – The mouse provides a comfortable feel.
Keyboard with Comfort Wave technology – Features an ergonomic, wave-shaped key frame that matches the length of your fingers. 128-bit AES encryption ensures your information remains safe. Ergonomic keyboards are not for everybody. They are designed to provide a more comfortable typing experience than a standard straight keyboard.
Some ergonomic designs are simply too different for typists to get used to. The Wave Combo MK550 is a great balance between a standard keyboard and a full ergonomic keyboard. The rippling keys make your hands feel comfortable in the home position while the extended wrist rest keeps your hands relaxed, especially after extended periods of typing.
Cushioned, contoured palm rest – Helps position your hands comfortably while typing using the keyboard.
- 128-bit aes encryption – It helps protects your information by encrypting data transfer between the keyboard and receiver with one of the highest levels of data encryption available..
- Rib Backlighting : per key LEDs with multiple lighting modes and...
- Brushed aluminum design : Curved top plate, Floating keycaps, and...
- Mechanical switches : durable mechanical switches rated for 50...
- On the fly controls : make real time adjustments to lighting and...
- Easy to use software : map 16.7 million colors to any key, customize...
Improve your performance during intense gaming action with this Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire TK SGK-4020-GKCL1 keyboard that features mechanical Cherry MX switches for low resistance. N-key rollover ensures keystrokes are accurately registered.
You’re a gamer. You know that a mechanical keyboard means the difference between winning and losing. The original QuickFire Rapid gaming keyboard was embraced by gamers worldwide because it made the difference. Now the QuickFire TK takes the QuickFire Rapid and put it on steroids! Choose between 3 different Cherry MX switches. Each keycap is UV coated to make it durable.
There’s full LED backlighting with 3 modes and 5 brightness levels. NKRO over USB means every single keystroke will be registered. An embedded steel plate give you maximum stability and durability. 7 easy-access multimedia shortcut keys save time. A complete numpad lets you get work done while not gaming. The slim and lightweight size gives you plenty of room for your mouse. Great for LAN parties.
Features of the CM Storm QuickFire TK
- 7 easy-access multimedia shortcut keys – Along with F12: Win-Lock and FN: function key lock keys simplify operation.
- Integrated numeric keypad – With navigation and command keys allows simple data entry when you’re not gaming for multifunction use.
- Cherry MX mechanical blue switches – Provide force feedback (click) and low resistance for efficient performance and are rated for more than 50 million key presses for long-lasting use.
- N-key rollover in USB mode (Windows only) – Ensures every keystroke is registered accurately, so you can perform rapid gaming combos.
- Blue LED backlighting – With 3 modes and 5 brightness levels lets you customize the lighting to suit your preferences and allows easy visibility, even in dark rooms.
- UV- and grip-coated ABS key caps – Offer extended use. A key puller makes it easy to replace the removable key caps.
- Embedded steel plate – Provides optimal stability and durability. Super Grip pads and keyboard stand-offs with rubber feet prevent the keyboard from slipping.
- 1000Hz/1 ms polling rate – Ensures rapid feedback.
- Removable 5.9′ braided, gold-plated USB cable – Along with cable routing grooves beneath the keyboard helps reduce desktop clutter.
- USB 2.0 interface – Offers flexible connectivity.
- PC and Mac compatible -For use with your existing computer.
- Designed from the ground up specifically for gaming, the all-new Razer...
- A programmable 8-way directional thumb-pad can also be used either for...
- Slide either part back or forth so that it sits under your thumb or...
The Orbweaver takes everything good and adds design elements that adjust to your unique hand shape and programmable controls that can be tailored to your games and style of play. With so much going for it, it’s easy to see why the Orbweaver is or Editors’ Choice for gaming keypads.
The base of the device has large rubber feet, so once you’ve got it in a comfortable position, it will stay put. The Orbweaver is made up of three adjustable parts: the two-piece wrist rest, a keypad with 30 programmable buttons, and a thumb module with a thumb-friendly joystick and two thumb buttons.
The entire device is shaped and molded to provide easy access to all of your control keys while also cradling the wrist and palm in a comfortable position, letting you play for hours without experiencing wrist strain. The keypad has 30 programmable buttons, with the center buttons—conveniently placed just where the fingertips fall—set by default to the commonly used WASD keys.
The keys feature mechanical key switches with a short throw and light actuating force, making it a breeze to use. The keys are also back lit, with bright green back light which can be adjusted through several levels of brightness.
Features of the Razer Orbweaver Gaming Keypad
- Multi-award winning razer™ mechanical switches – Designed from the ground up specifically for gaming, the Multi-award winning Razer™ Mechanical Switches have an optimized set of actuation and reset points that improve your gaming performance by giving you speed and responsiveness like never before.
- 30 fully programmable keys including an 8-way thumb-pad – Arm yourself with 20 fully programmable mechanical keys for more skills, hotkeys, and macros right at your fingertips. The programmable 8-way directional thumb-pad can also be used either for movement or as modifier keys to expand your repertoire of game-destroying abilities even further.
- Thumb button – On the other hand, the thumb buttons have a light actuation force, and are positioned to prevent accidental clicking. The thumb buttons and joystick are also better positioned, in part because the entire thumb module of the device can be re-positioned.
- Adjustable hand, thumb, and palm-rest modules – The Razer Orbweaver Chroma was designed with adjustable, hand, thumb and palm-rest modules to let you customize the most comfortable experience with the keypad during marathon gaming sessions. Slide either part back or forth so that it sits under your thumb or cradles your palm perfectly, reducing hand fatigue, and optimizing ergonomic access to your controls.
- Chroma back lighting with 16.8 million customizable color options – The Razer Orbweaver Chroma features individually programmable back lit keys with 16.8 million color options, all easily set through Razer Synapse. From pre loaded lighting effects for different types of games, to your own custom uniquely programmed palette of colors, you can effortlessly enhance your gaming experience in a way that is unique only to you.
- Programmable Keyboard – Using a dedicated gaming keypad like the Razer Orbweaver is the sort of change that makes it difficult to switch back; the comfort and support are significantly better than a regular keyboard—even a top keyboard like the Corsair Vengeance K90—while the perfectly positioned, customizable controls top even the best programmable keyboards.
Other features include:
- Instantaneous switching between 8 key maps
- Razer Synapse enabled
- Unlimited customizable profiles via Razer Synapse
- Mechanical Switch
- Blue Backlit Illumination
- Versatile Lighting effects (lighting, trigger, ripple, firework,...
- NKey / 6 Key Rollover
- Fully Programmable Macro; Instant Macro/Lighting/Custom Recording
Earlier on we took a look at the Tesoro Lobera, one of the best mechanical gaming keyboard, which impressed us with its strong build quality, gaming features and multi-color backlighting.
Today, we’re looking at a simpler alternative named after another famous sword: the Excalibur. This less expensive keyboard uses the same Kailh mechanical switches, but dispenses with the unusual shape and multiple backlighting colors of the Lobera. The Excalibur looks promising, but how does it measure up?
We have seen a few Tesoro keyboards come through PC Gameware in the last few months and all have fared well, but how will their latest Tesoro Excalibur (G7NL) keyboard fare? The Excalibur is a fully mechanical keyboard featuring Kailh switches, this particular review sample (US Layout) has Blue switches; Brown, Black & Red are also available.
The Excalibur also features LED back-lighting (Blue) and 6N and Full N Key Rollover via USB. In addition to this there’s 512KB of on-board memory supporting up to five Profiles.
The Tesoro Excalibur could be considered a budget mechanical Gaming keyboard as (price wise) it sits at the bottom of the Tesoro range. This also explains why there’s no USB hub or Audio ports aboard the Excalibur.
Features of the Tesoro Excalibur G7NL
- Per Key Customizable Illumination – Sporting vibrant blue LED lighting you can light it your way with per key customizable illumination.
- 60 million reliable keystrokes – With 60 million reliable keystrokes, the Excalibur v2 is designed to stand the test of time and join you to the very end.
- Anti-ghosting for the Win – Full N-key / 6-key rollover means the Excalibur Spectrum can keep up with the speed of even the fastest of players.
- All Keys Full Programmable –All gamers are not created equal. With all keys being fully programmable you can adjust to your needs so you can have it your way.
- 1000hz ultra polling rate – Eliminate lag and be completely up to speed and on top of the competition with 1000hz polling rate.
- Lighting Effects Control –Choose from nine different pre-set lighting effects with easy control without the need for software.
- Instant Macro Recording – Instantly record your macros for on-the-fly macro sets to keep you ahead of the competition.
- 32bit Arm Cortex Processor – The brains of the keyboard offers zero lag, 100% performance. Rest assured that the Excalibur V2 will keep pace and every keystroke will go through no matter how chaotic the game gets.
- 512 KB Onboard Memory – With processing power and onboard memory at hand, create and save the most extreme macros to dominate in gameplay.
- Intuitive software – Utilize Tesoro software to customize your board to suit the needs of your gameplay.
Other features include:
- Quick profile switch, instant macro recording, reset hotkey, keyboard lock
- Compatible with Win XP, Vista, 7, 8, 1.
The worst thing I can say about the Excalibur is that there’s little here to differentiate it from other keyboards which follow the same formula. If you want a standard-layout keyboard with backlighting and a few other features, then you can find one from almost every major manufacturer.
Other companies distinguish their wares through excellent software, custom LED backlighting patterns or integration with other products, but the Excalibur lacks a unique, must-have feature to set it apart from the crowd.
Regardless, the Excalibur is a solid keyboard that provides the essentials without any major flaws. If you can find this keyboard for a good price, then I’d certainly recommend it.
- Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: Razer Opto-Mechanical...
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Offers...
- Quality, Aluminum Construction: Covered with a matte, aluminum top...
- Dedicated Media Controls: A multi-function digital dial with 3 tactile...
- Ergonomic, Magnetic Wrist Rest: Made of plush leatherette to maximize...
The Razer DeathStalker Ultimate incorporates all of the latest technology into a gaming keyboard, providing you with a touchscreen panel and 10 dynamic, fully programmable keys. Razer deems this user interface the Switchblade.
The panel and keys all feature LCD screens, which means that you can customize the images on the 10 keys. With a host of other features and extreme customization, the Death Stalker Ultimate is a great gaming keyboard.
The keyboard chassis is light and durable, sporting shallow chiclet-style keys that look great but feel shallow. A rubberized wrist rest along the lower edge attracts dust and crumbs like a vacuum but keeps you comfortable during extended typing sessions.
Like most Razer keyboards the DeathStalker Ultimate is fully programmable, and includes five extra macro keys on the left edge, a dedicated on-the-fly macro recording key, and a gaming mode key that functions as a toggle which disables the Windows key (and the Alt+Tab and Alt+F4 key combinations, if you like).
Alongside these Razer staples you’ll find a new key sporting the Razer logo, which you can tap to revert the LCD track panel and accompanying keys built into the right side of the chassis back to their default interface.
Features of the Razer DeathStalker Ultimate
- Switchblade User Interface – Razer’s award-winning, proprietary Switchblade User Interface puts more control in your hands with ten dynamic adaptive tactile keys and an LCD panel. Bind an unlimited number of commands, macros, skills, spells, and any other control you need to ten tactile keys that dynamically change to suit the in-game situation.
- LCD Panel – The LCD panel functions as a separate screen which displays in-game information or application widgets in full vibrant color, allowing you to stay ahead of the competition; or as a secondary mouse input device with new gesture controls
- 10 Key Rollover in gaming mode – Actuate as many keys as you have fingers, and have all of them register accurately and quickly in game. With the Razer DeathStalker Ultimate’s anti-ghosting capabilities, you can deliver overwhelming destruction to your opponents, and ensure that every command is registered and executed perfectly.
- Razer Synapse 2.0 – Razer Synapse 2.0 is cutting-edge, intuitive software that functions as the Razer DeathStalker Ultimate’s brain, automatically syncing the gaming keyboard to a cloud server to download driver and firmware updates, while saving your individual settings. Sync your custom settings and macros automatically with this unified configurator, allowing customization of all your Razer products with a single login.
- Multi-color backlighting – Whether you’re gaming under low-light, or no light, backlight illumination ensures that you never click a wrong button– after all, it could very well be the difference between victory and death.
- Ergonomic palm rest – The Razer DeathStalker Ultimate gaming keyboard has been designed with an integrated palm rest, so your wrists are supported as you WASD your way to victory, or stay up all night typing out that comprehensive ninety page strategy plan for your clan’s next tournament.
- Advanced anti-ghosting with N-key rollover
- 1000Hz polling rate
- 50 million keystroke lifecycle
- Multimedia functions
- 6 programmable Macro keys
Today we will be looking at the Ryos MK Pro, the best mechanical gaming keyboard ROCCAT currently offers. The major selling points of this keyboard are the per-key lighting, fully programmable layout, thumb keys, and the advanced software. Some of these features are not difficult to find nowadays, but per-key lighting and fully programmable layouts were rather rare when the Ryos MK Pro was released – nearly a year ago, that is.
It remains one of the most expensive gaming keyboards currently available, forcing it to face tremendous competition from other manufacturers.
The ROCCAT “Ryos” MK Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard offers an incredible number of configuration options and your choice of a CHERRY MX key switch in four colors. Together with two whopping 32-bit ARM Cortex processors and 2MB flash memory, the comfortable and smudge-proof Ryos MK Pro is an ideal arsenal for every game and every gamer. It also offers an Achievement Display, allowing you to keep track of your vital statistics.
Features of the ROCCAT RYOS MK Pro
- Easy-SHIFT[+]™ technology – ROCCAT’s breakthrough EASY-SHIFT [+]™ technology means each button has more winning-edge value with a secondary programmable function, for a wide array of battle possibilities. Intuitive and easy to program, with options for simple commands or complex macros, Easy-Shift [+]™ expands your arsenal, letting you react both rapidly and efficiently in the heat of the battle.
- Outstanding processing power – Owing to its whopping two 32-bit ARM Cortex processors, the Ryos MK Pro comes out swinging. Since the MCU is so powerful, not one of the keyboard’s advanced features sacrifices an ounce of performance. And with 2MB of flash memory to store your configurations, your keyboard will execute all of your keystrokes and macros in real time, without any delay.
- ROCCAT® DRIVER + R.A.D. – The Ryos MK Pro features ROCCAT®’s comprehensive driver suite that provides total control over your keyboard. Easily create an army of time-saving macros, adjust your illumination, set your key functions, and build up to five profiles that auto-launch with your favorite games – and lots more. The ROCCAT® driver also features R.A.D. (ROCCAT® Achievements Display) for a host of useful stats on how you use your Ryos MK Pro, such as total keystrokes, most-used keys and much more.
- Integrated media hub – Thanks to its integrated media hub, the Ryos MK Pro offers extreme gaming convenience. With two USB 2.0 ports and audio in/out pass-through, you’ll be able to plug in your headset and mouse and get gaming in an instant. And you won’t have to worry about a mess of cables, since the Ryos MK Pro comes with a built-in cable channel underneath the keyboard.
- Add light to your arsenal –The Ryos MK Pro offers totally customizable, ROCCAT®-enginereed PER-KEY ILLUMINATION in two convenient modes: smart and manual. This means you can add awesome special effects to your keystrokes, configure your keyboard to highlight your in-game and application key bindings, your modifier keys, your macro sequences and cool downs, your system controls, and much, much more
- Key switches to suit every gamer – The Ryos MK Pro comes locked and loaded in the four most popular key switch colors – blue, black, brown, and red – meaning you can pick the key switches that suit YOU. With durable CHERRY® MX KEY SWITCHES that last up to an incredible 50 MILLION keystrokes and laser-etched, UV-coated keycaps, wear and tear will be the least of your concerns.
- Weapons-grade hardware
- Custom-tuned for eSport gaming conditions
- Full key anti-ghosting with 30-key rollover
- 12 programmable macro buttons
- Uncomplicated macro programming
When it comes to weapons for battle, some gamers prefer features and functions, while others prize flashy designs. Generally, Mad Catz has gravitated toward the latter, but its latest keyboard may signal a change. The Mad Catz STRIKE. TE is the company’s first mechanical gaming keyboard, and while it still has an eye-catching design, it brings a new level of quality to the Mad Catz lineup.
The black S.T.R.I.K.E. TE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard from Mad Catz features 109 Kailh Brown mechanical switches to provide quick response times when gaming or typing. The keys have also been designed with 45g actuation of force to provide tactile feedback.
This keyboard delivers rollover technologies for detecting up to 30 keys pressed at the same time to handle fast-paced action from modern PC games. Additionally, this keyboard has anti-ghosting technology that allows you to press multiple keys without producing phantom strokes. It connects to your Windows computer via an integrated USB cable.
Features of the Mad Catz STRIKE TE
- Mechanical Key Switches – The keys are designed with 109 Kailh Brown mechanical switches, with an actuation force of 45g. These keys are also built to handle over 50 million presses.
- Full Key Anti-Ghosting with 30-Key Rollover – The completely redesigned track layout provides the most direct route to the central processor for every key on the STRIKE keyboard. This allows the keyboard to detect up to 30 keys pressed at the same time and no configuration is required if you prefer the ESDF block over WASD. Another attribute is anti-ghosting, which lets you press multiple keys without producing phantom strokes.
- 12 Programmable Macro Buttons – The S.T.R.I.K.E. TE keyboard incorporates 12 programmable macro buttons over three modes to create 36 user-definable commands. Each of the three modes can store your programmed macros, tripling mid-game access to available commands. Once programmed, custom profiles can be published to share with your community and saved for later recall, which allows for a seamless transition to another gaming PC.
- GUI for Macro Programming – An intuitive graphical interface simplifies the formerly tedious task of macro programming. Assign single or multiple keystrokes complete with custom timings to macro keys, and then easily fine-tune your settings. This ability is ideal for fast-paced games, which require clear but complex multi-key actions. Each macro is programmed using Mad Catz’s editing software that can store up to 255 individual keystrokes, with precise calibration to within 1/1000th of a second. They also offer 25 pre-made profiles to popular PC games.
- Multi-Zone Illuminated Keys – This keyboard offers the ability to individually brighten specific keyboard areas. Suitable for gaming in dim environments, you can assign distinct illumination to the main keyboard, cursor keys, and WASD.
- Conveniently Placed Shortcut Keys – Integrated shortcut keys provide the means to adjust media and back-lighting, without the need to open apps or programs. You can quickly and easily pause or skip music tracks, tweak the volume, and alter back-lighting brightness all from buttons F5 through F12.
- Windows Key Lock – You can completely disable the Windows key by merely sliding a switch to eliminate accidental pressing of the Windows key during an intense game.
SteelSeries Apex M800
- Pure performance QX2 linear mechanical gaming switches
- Durable 5000 Series aluminum alloy
- Real-time Discord in-game lighting notifications
- Easy and intuitive per-key RGB lighting customization
- Reactive illumination to in-game events like low ammo, health, kills,...
The Apex M800’s £140 price makes it one of the most expensive gaming keyboards on the market. SteelSeries tries to justify the price by loading this unit with new features, from specially-designed mechanical switches to RGB-backlit keys.
The Apex M800’s mechanical switches set this keyboard out from the rest of the market. Rival units usually use CherryMX switches, but SteelSeries has abandoned that familiar hardware for its own-brand QS1 switch. It’s a collaboration between SteelSeries and Chinese firm Kailh, and it’s designed for low-profile operation that’s faster and quieter than Cherry-made keys.
The keys use a square plunger and a small spring with enough space in the middle to install an LED. That’s different from Cherry’s approach, which firm fits its LEDs on top of the mechanism. The result is an impressively even backlight and a smaller, more compact design.
The QS1’s low-profile design is obvious. The buttons are about half as tall as most Cherry hardware, and they’ve only got 3mm of travel – one millimeter less than a CherryMX Red switch. The M800’s reset point is set to just 1.5mm, too, which is half a millimeter shorter than CherryMX and means that a key only needs to be pressed half-way for the unit to register an input.
Features of the SteelSeries Apex M800
- Unlimited Customization – As gamers we are all different. But whether you like to destroy your enemies, explore new areas of the latest x-pac or build a new city, the Apex M800 has virtually unlimited ways in which to customize it to make it yours. From advanced custom lighting schemes, to advanced text macro creation, to in-game integration, the M800 has everything you need to make it yours…;
- Newly Designed Switches – We partnered with experts in switch technology to create the perfect switch for the M800. The result is the incredible QS1 switch. With a smooth linear action and 25% faster actuation than the traditional mechanical switch, the QS1 is built for pure speed.QS1 switches have a 3mm throw depth, a 1.5mm actuation and only require a 45cN actuation force. All of the design choices in the QS1 switch specifications were made with two goals in mind: React faster and spend less effort as you destroy your competition.
- Low Profile Layout – The keyboard is built at an ergonomic low angle and with an optimally designed linear key layout that cuts down on finger travel distance. This allows for seamless, quick transitions between keys and across the keyboard for less fatigue on your fingers no matter how furiously they fly.
- Dual Processors – Your 600 APM would go to waste if the brains of the keyboard couldn’t keep up. That’s why we added an additional CPU inside the M800 that is dedicated only to processing key presses. No lag, no excuses. And when the gaming gets hectic, N-key rollover allows up to 256 key presses at once with zero issues.
- Quick-Access Keys – The left side of the keyboard features 6 quick-access macro keys. This gives you more choice, customization and control right at your fingertips. And just like every other key on the Apex M800, these are also fully programmable.
- Individual Key Illumination – All of the LEDs on the M800 are individually customizable and feature a centered LED and a clear switch housing. The new keys are the perfect solution to show off your keyboard’s 16.8 million colors and 8 brightness levels with crisp illumination and minimal light bleed.
- N-Key Rollover – Apex M800 is a zero ghosting gaming keyboard. In game mode you could press up to 256 keys at the same time. Thankfully you don’t have that many fingers, the M800 doesn’t have that many keys, so you never have to worry about a missed key strike in the heat of battle
- Cable Convenience – Some additional features were packed in to make life easier managing your devices and cords. No more worrying about cables getting in the way of your gameplay, we crafted a cable management routing area under the center of the keyboard. We also built in a USB 2.0 hub to give you quick access to your USB devices.
- Lighting Patterns – It has some incredible pre-configured lighting options, like Breathe, Color Wave, Cooldown Timers and Reactive Keys that highlight the keyboard’s vibrant and crisp illumination. Further personalize Apex M800 by creating and programming your own illumination designs.
- Powerful Macros – The feature-rich macro editor is incredibly easy to use, for both casual and advanced users. We even include powerful text-based macro capabilities, for unlimited macros from SteelSeries Engine to the in-game console. M800 can also record macros on the fly with a simple button press. To top it off, every key on the Apex M800 is individually programmable to any keyboard key, mouse button, media control, application or macro.
Razer Ornata – Best gaming non mechanical keyboard
- MECHA-MEMBRANE KEYS - Soft cushioned membrane rubber dome with a crisp...
- MID-HEIGHT KEYCAPS: Custom designed keycaps for quicker actuation...
- INDIVIDUALLY BACKLIT KEYS: Progammable keys with dynamic lighting...
- LEATHERETTE WRIST REST: Ergonomic magnetic wrist rest for ultimate...
- 10-KEY ROLLOVER ANTI-GHOSTING: Perfectly execute up to ten commands at...
Razer decided to blend mechanical switches and rubber domes to make the best of both worlds, and in fact has created a Frankenstein’s monster that’s an absolute joy to use and a terror to listen to. Razer calls this new tech “Mecha-Membrane,” and has built it into its all-new Razer Ornata keyboard.
In what’s now become a crowded market of mechanical keyboards, one that Razer helped create, the peripheral maker is trying something new to stand out from the crowd. Razer’s latest plank, the Ornata, uses brand new “Mecha-Membrane” technology, which is a fancy way of describing a hybrid key switch that combines elements from both membrane and mechanical designs.
From Razer’s vantage point, gamers and typists in general are split between choosing membrane rubber dome keyboards for the squishy comfort they provide, and mechanical planks for fast typing and distinct tactile feedback. The Mecha-Membrane is supposed to offer the best of both worlds.
The new key cap is a mid-height design that sits between a full-height key cap and chiclet style key caps. It’s made shorter to reduce the time it takes for your actions to register while offering both a soft cushioned touch of a membrane rubber dome with the tactile click of a mechanical switch.
Features of the Razer Ornata
- All-new razer™ mecha-membrane – Designed from the ground up, the all-new Razer Mecha-Membrane combines the soft cushioned touch of a membrane rubber dome with the crisp tactile click of a mechanical switch to enable swift actuation for each key stroke.
- Mid-height keycaps for faster actuations – The Razer Ornata Chroma features a custom designed keycap that has been made shorter to reduce the time it takes for your actions to register, allowing your fingers to move freely between each key without missing a single stroke.
- Razer chroma™ customizable lighting with full 16.8 million customizable color options – Powered by Razer Chroma, the Razer Ornata Chroma goes beyond being able to create and display incredible lighting effects. With interactive in-game effects, you’ll experience more immersive gameplay as your keyboard reacts to your game.
- Ergonomic wrist rest for extended gaming comfort – Specially designed for the Razer Ornata Chroma, this wrist rest features ergonomics which ensure that no matter how intense your gaming marathons are, you’re always comfortable.
Are you looking for one of the best gaming keyboardsthat will enhance your gaming experience?
Do you want a best fps gaming keyboard that will help you easily maneuver every move when playing your favorite game? Don’t allow your keyboard limit you and prevent you from crushing the enemy.
A good gaming keyboard that make a difference between victory and failure. Check out the man who reinvented the keyboard.
It is therefore necessary to select only the best gaming keyboard for an awesome gaming experience.
What is a gaming keyboard?
The gaming keyboard was designed with hardcore gamer in mind. It has limited keys when compared with the conventional keyboard.
It is often enhanced with features that makes it appealing for fast action games. This possible because of the mechanical keyboard that allows customization and recognition of fast movements with every key stroke.Some additional keys not found on the normal keyboard are added to the gaming keyboard.
Next is the array of backlight that enhances both look, feel and performance of the user. This is a special keyboard for long hours of touch. Due to the length of time involved in its usage, some manufacturers have additional features such as the wrist rest where users can rest their wrists and remain comfortable for long hours.
Why Do I Want a Mechanical Keyboard?
There are many arguments regarding the advantages and disadvantages of mechanical keyboards: they are far more durable than membrane keyboards and easier to maintain, yet noisier and significantly more expensive. However, what makes mechanical keyboards so popular is, as vague as this sounds, their feeling. It is very difficult to put it into words but if someone uses a mechanical keyboard for a few days, all membrane keyboards will be feeling like a toy afterward.
Membrane-based keyboards have their actuation point at the bottom of the key travel and require maximum pressure force at the beginning of their travel, requiring a relatively large amount of strength to be pressed that will inevitably force the key to bottom down. Mechanical keyboards are very different, with both the actuation point and the pressure point somewhere along the travel distance of the key, with several different switch variations offering better flexibility for the consumers. There are tactile and linear switches, audible and quiet, with various key travel lengths for consumers to choose from.
There are many arguments about how mechanical switches can make you type or react faster because they are easier to actuate and/or because the key does not have to bottom down. In terms of speed, the truth is that the difference usually is marginal at best. Mechanical switches are however much more comfortable (and healthy) for long-term use, making mechanical keyboards a nearly necessary tool for professionals and hardcore gamers who value their tendons. Similarly, many argue about which mechanical switch is the “best”. Simply put, there is no “best” switch. Whether you prefer strong linear switches because soft linear switches are too easy to bottom down or audible instead of quiet switches, it virtually always is a matter of individual personal preference.
What is the best gaming keyboard?
Knowing what to look for is essential and this will determine the type of gaming keyboard you will eventually buy. Some features to look for include:
- Mechanical switches: This is important for boosting key travel and rapid tactile feedback. Gamers require a lot of rapid action and response with every key stroke, so this feature is very vital and should not be compromised.
- RGB Lighting: Although this option might push up your budget, it will enhance your keyboard and give it a matching look with the rest of your game setup.
- Ease of setting up: Your keyboard of choice should be easy to set up. Installing of the software and adjustment of its settings should also be easy.
- Extra Macro keys: This is important for gamer engaged in MMO’s or competitive shooting and they should be customizable.
- Being unique: A great gaming keyboard should stand out and be different from the traditional keyboard. The keys should be easy to find and highly responsive.
- Backlights: There are essential not only for illumination in the dark but also highlighting frequently used control keys. The color should also be adjustable with multiple lighting zones.
- Swappable keycap: These are important for better tactile control. The mechanical switches are usually distinct and separate from the keycap and the keys can be removed and swapped to enable molded sculpting.
- Programmable keys: These are important for customization and to enable total freedom and flexibility when you are engrossed in gaming challenges.
There are weird and fun about computer keyboards you didn’t know about.
Other additional but not necessary features of a gaming keyboard include touch screen displays, text and audio communication as well as statistic tracking.[wpmfc_cab_sw]If you are going to buy a gaming keyboard, there are certain things you need to consider, in order to make the optimal decision for your needs.[/wpmfc_cab_sw]
Is the keyboard mechanical?
Since 2010, the mechanical keyboard has been the most preferred type of keyboard, not only for gamers, but also for people who type a lot. It gives you a better feel and tactile feedback. And mechanical keyboards are being developed with different types of key switches, so that you can choose how loud and clicky you want your peripheral to be.
Here is some additional information on the most commonly used switches:
- Red – they require less force for actuation and are the least noisy ones.
- Brown – balanced, clicky, with more tactile feedback than the reds.
- Blue – these are the noisiest key switches and require high actuation force.
In terms of proprietary switches, Razer has introduced the Razer Green and Razer Orange switches which correspond to the characteristics of respectively Cherry MX Blue and Cherry MX Brown. Logitech has introduced its Romer-G switches which fall between the Reds and the Browns, when talking of characteristics.
Does it have programmable keys?
Gaming keyboards usually come with software in which you can map most or all of your keys. This is very important, as it can give you advantage in executing difficult sequences of actions. The so-called macros allow you to that with a single keystroke.
Depending on what your preferences are, you should consider whether a keyboard has dedicated macro keys. Those that do, would offer at least 5 additional dedicated macro keys, on which you can record different gaming sequences. Those that don’t, would usually allow you to map specific keys or record macros wherever you want. Usually, keyboards without dedicated macro keys, would allow you to store macros on the F-keys.
Remember to make sure your keyboard allows profile storage, so that you can map different key profiles for your respective games.
What specs and capabilities does it have?
Gaming keyboards need to be responsive. This can be achieved through Anti-Ghosting and its polling rates. Anti-Ghosting corresponds to the ability of a keyboard to register more simultaneous keystrokes. Ordinary keyboards can register only 3 keystrokes, while gaming keyboards give you the chance to press at least 5 keys, without losing the effect of either one.
Polling rates correspond to the number of times per second a keyboard reports inputs. Gaming keyboards offer polling rates of 500Hz or 1000Hz. This helps to improve responsiveness and speed, and your overall gaming experience, so you might want to consider these characteristics, too.
What about backlighting?
Gaming keyboards usually come with back-lighting, often RGB. This means that you can fully customize your keyboard and give an unique atmosphere to your gaming experience. Gaming software that comes with your keyboard would allow you to change its colors and effects, and you can enjoy a different lighting during different games or other activities.
Yes, mechanical keyboards are more expensive. But they also offer a better experience, comfort and features that you cannot find in membrane keyboards. They can greatly improve your gaming and typing skills. It seems that for now, at least until a new technology comes out, the best gaming keyboard will inevitably be mechanical.
Keyboard manufacturers have definitely stepped up their game so that you can step up yours. User experience is proven to be of top quality for these keyboards. Some of them have even been awarded for being the best gaming peripheral available. By their users.
So if you are wondering whether or not to switch your keyboard for a mechanical one, trust us, it is definitely worth it.
Gaming Keypads vs. Gaming Keyboards
Keypads take it to a different level with one hand gaming action. One hand gaming translates to super-fast and convenient gaming. There aren’t any real limitations when you get used to keypads.
As a gamer, you can appreciate the different feel associated with gaming keypad rather a keyboard.
Advantages of buying a mechanical keyboard
Well guys, the hype of these keyboards are must because of a solid reason. let me tell you those reasons, why this device is such a favorite among the peeps.
Precision and speed
You don’t want to press a keyboard button and wait for 10 seconds to see the computer response. do you?
This incredible type of the keyboard just needs a half touch on the key and the response is sent quickly. in other words, movement economy is the thing, this type of keyboard provides.
Well, mechanical keyboard is not just of one type, there are variations in it. cherry mx switches are commonly used in these. these switches are also distinguished by colors which range from black and white to green and red, each having specific attributes associated with them. in short, you have got so many options of switches and colors, and choosing a device among a bunch must be a simple task for you.
The response time of these keyboards is also very fast. the computer gets the command the moment that key is pressed. some keyboards also have a clicking sound when a key is pressed and some are just as quiet as night.
You must have experienced broken and malfunctioning keys in your earlier versions of keyboards guys. let me tell you the reason. the life cycle of those devices was short. all you have to do now is, to buy a mechanical keyboard with appropriate life cycle. cherry mx switches have a lifetime of 50 million keystrokes, far greater than 10 million, the number associated with membrane keyboards. so stop fretting about choosing the appropriate type of keyboard. just close your eyes and put your finger over this keyboard. your life will become easier, believe me. and you don’t have to pay high charges too buddies, you can just get the best cheap mechanical keyboards under $100.
- Why mechanical?
- Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire – Amazing Gaming Keyboard Review
- Razer Blackwidow – Top Sold Keyboard 2019
- Corsair K95 RGB – Clean and Minimal
- Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Review – Standard yet Strong
- Das Keyboard 4 Professional Mechanical Keyboard – Minimalistic Design
- Razer Turret – Best Wireless Gaming Keyboard
- Turtle Beach Impact 100 – gorgeous ergonomic keyboard 2019
- Logitech G910 Orion – Magnificent Logitech Gaming Keyboard
- CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i – For Gamers Only
- Logitech Wireless Wave Combo – Sturdy Designed Keyboard
- CM Storm QuickFire TK – Best Gaming Keyboard Under $100
- Razer Orbweaver Gaming Keypad –Best Budget Gaming Keyboard
- Tesoro Excalibur G7NL– Illuminated Gaming Keyboard
- Razer DeathStalker Ultimate – Best Razer Gaming Keyboard
- ROCCAT RYOS MK Pro – Worth a mention
- Mad Catz STRIKE TE
- SteelSeries Apex M800
- Razer Ornata – Best gaming non mechanical keyboard
- The Buyer’s Guide to the Best Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- What is a gaming keyboard?
- Why Do I Want a Mechanical Keyboard?
- What is the best gaming keyboard?