Are you in the market for top rated electric shavers or the best electric shavers of 2018?
Are you having trouble getting the best electric shaver that would suit your need?
Or is cost your problem, and you’re looking to get a low budget shaver?
Do you have problem recognizing a quality and top rated electric shaver, or you don’t know what to look for when purchasing an electric shaver?
Well, look no further.
We’ve prepared this buyer’s guide to help you ease your task of getting best electric shavers irrespective of whatever your criteria might be for choosing one.
First, you need to understand what an electric shaver is, then the qualities to watch out for before getting one.
What is an electric shaver?
Simply put, electric shavers are the machines used to shave either your beards, hair, genitals, armpit, and etc. they usually do not require the use of a shaving cream, soap or water.
Best Electric Shavers 2018
They have a rotating or oscillating blade and are powered by a small DC motor, which is powered by either mains electricity or rechargeable batteries.
Now that we’ve covered what an electric shaver is, let’s take a look at some recommended electric shavers.
Electric Shavers Buyer’s guide – Features to Look out For.
These are quite many but we will touch the most important ones
- Rotary Shaver-type of Foil – Rotary shavers provides comfortable shaving experience and shaving head but they don’t provide a close shave.
Whereas on the other hand, foil shavers are expert in closeness and smoothness. They also contain sharp blades and advanced technology which I really like.
- Wet and Dry Technology – The Wet and Dry technology allows electric shavers to be used either on a dry skin or under the shower. If you’ve got a sensitive skin, then you might prefer shaving with gel foam. That’s where this technology comes handy.
- Corded and Cordless Shaving – Some of the electric shavers allow you to shave while your shaver is plugged in to a socket while some don’t. For example: the Braun series 9 doesn’t allow corded shaving while Braun the series 7 does.
- LED Indicator – A shaver that has a charger with a LED indicator is good enough to keep you updated with the current battery level – it notifies you when you plug in the charger and warn you when the battery is low – and hygiene status.
- Pop-up Trimmers – Most of the shavers come with an incorporated trimmer that can be popped up. The trimmer can be used for grooming, sideburns, heavy whiskers and moustache.
- Easy to use and clean – Ensure the design of the electric shaver you want to get is easy to use and clean. Almost all of electric shavers listed below are easy to use and easy to clean.
Also, most of the electric shavers below come with cleaning dock. All you have to do is to put the shaver inside that dock and press the button, that dock will clean your shaver.
However, some models don’t come with cleaning dock, which means you have to do it manually, but that won’t take more than a minute.
- Price – The prices of the shavers vary. There are cheap ones as there are expensive ones. However, not all high-tech shavers are expensive, and not all expensive shaver are high-tech. In fact, there are some cheap high-tech shavers.
So ensure you verify the price of the electric shaver before payment especially for those that plan on getting low budget shavers.
Also, there are some features that are particular to some shavers’ brand. Therefore, check the specific features of the shaver you hold to be sure you are okay with it before payment.